Chapter Fifty Three - Christmas Miracles, Part Two

Alright, for now I'm back on track! Things will probably slow down once I get a job, but I should be able to post two chapters a week.

And to the guest who got it right...go you!

*****

Chapter Fifty Three - Christmas Miracles, Part Two

It was hot.

Too hot.

Well…not that hot, actually.

Especially considering that I remembered how hot it was last time. It was definitely better now.

Still.

Tenroujima was way too fucking hot.

"What the hell are you doing?" a voice questioned from next to me.

Corvus grew out of my shadow and stood beside me.

A circle of fire exploded next to him, and Phoenix appeared out of it.

"I didn't know you could do that," I said.

"I didn't either," he said. "It's another bonus I got when I finished the contract with Lucy."

"That's nice," I said, a bit absently.

"Elle," Corvus said. "Seriously. What are you doing?"

"Christmas Miracles," I continued absently, walking into the forest.

"Elle…" Phoenix said.

"It'll be fine," I said. "Go back to Lucy." I gave them soft smiles. "Celebrate Christmas with your friends in the human realms."

The two exchanged a look.

"I know that Loke is spending the holidays at the guild with Lucy," I commented.

"That damn lion better get away from my princess!" Corvus snarled, disappearing.

"Corvus!" Phoenix shot me one more look, like he knew what I was planning, and I shrugged. He sighed and vanished into a ball of fire.

And then I was practically alone on an island in the sea.

Practically.

"Elle?" a soft voice asked. A small girl floated down from a tree. "What are you doing here?"

I smiled at her. "Hey, Mavis."

"Hello!" the cheerful girl said happily. "What brings you to the island?"

"A Christmas Miracle," I said.

She gasped. "It's Christmas? Already?"

I nodded.

Mavis's face was distraught, and she looked back and forth over the ocean and back towards the center of Tenrou.

"You ought to go to the guild, and celebrate with everyone else!" I said. "I know it's been awhile since you've been to the guild, and we've got some new members."