Chapter Fifty Eight - Jet

Recommending Celestial Being on Fanfiction by Lucy Heart of Fairy Tail. Another one uncompleted, but I still love this one to bits! Also, part of the inspiration for Elle's kidnapping routine came from this.

New poll up on my Fanfiction profile, check it out! Sorry about the wait, too, I had a bit of a busy week.

And thank you, EdenAngel7 for pointing out that cheating douchebags get disqualified, and to Valerie6636 for pointing out Ultear.

*****

Chapter Fifty Eight - Jet

So, we won the games. Technically.

Because of the points that were scored in the first round, Fairy Tail ended up winning.

The money we got from it, though, went right back into creating a new stadium, complete with new runes built into it to stop it from becoming a complete and utter disaster a second time. Next year, the stadium would be good, and Gildarts would actually be allowed to compete.

Not that he was going to.

Ultear actually offered to rebuild the stadium with her Arc of Time (even though it would take a month or more, with her current power range), but they turned it down, saying that they'd rather have a stronger stadium impervious to the elements and 'Fairy Tail's destructive tendencies' anyway.

Makarov wasn't too happy about that. Though, I don't know if it's because we didn't get the prize money or because they cited us as a main reason to build a stronger stadium - even if it was true.

Phantom Lord was also disqualified for three years, which was cause for celebration alone. I'm also pretty sure that Aria was blacklisted from most jobs - basically, if he ended up accepting a job and they didn't want him, he wouldn't be able to do it.

He did seriously harm a child on public television - the Grand Magic Games was the first thing live thing they aired.

So (after apologizing profusely to Toma and Ame - who weren't that upset, seeing as they had tried to make the stadium pretty strong (Gildarts was just stronger)) we returned to the guild hall.

Levy's eighth birthday was once again pretty simple, and we spent time rummaging through the library, learning things. Laxus, oddly enough, spent most of his time in the non-magical section of the library, studying the human body. When I asked him what for, he just shrugged and said, "I'm interested."

I let it be after that, but it did seem kinda suspicious...

And for Cana's ninth birthday, Gildarts finally agreed to have Urano Metria cast on him if Lucy didn't use Gemini or any Star Dress.

And he actually held up pretty well against Urano Metria. He fell to his knees, and was having trouble standing and was definitely bruised up, though Lucy looked a bit disappointed it didn't do anything more.

But it was the last week of July when one of my cards' distress signal went off.

*****

I accidentally popped into a burning house, and quickly popped outside, where I spotted Jet trying to hide under a bush.

"Hey, kiddo, want to tell me what happened?" I asked. He looked around seven or eight.