Chapter Sixty Two - Preparing for War

Updating early for havarti2. You're welcome.

Also, I edited a picture of Elle for this chapter, using a still of Cana at eleven in the series. If you want to see it, check out this story on Wattpad or Quotev. And before anyone asks, yes I used Photoshop.

*****

Chapter Sixty Two - Preparing for War

I was right.

Yukino and Kagura summoned me back and forth several times over the night. They both suffered from nightmares, and were scared I would vanish as easily as their siblings did. I ended up camping out in their room for the night, though I hope it doesn't have to happen again.

I was pretty tired the next morning, but I woke up and helped them (mostly Yukino) get dressed.

Oddly enough, Yukino doesn't wear a diaper, even though she should still be in the potty training stages.

Of course, this probably has to do with more of Mashima's stupid continuity problems, and that pissed me off.

While the two of them were eating breakfast, I managed to flip through one of the psychology texts I had gotten from the Magic Council's public library. Unfortunately, it was missing an entire section on child development, and I had a feeling that all of the information I had previously had about it was going to be useless.

Thanks, Mashima.

At least my sarcasm will never fail me.

I turned to Yukino and Kagura. "Are you guys ready to go to the guild?" I asked quietly.

They nodded, both nervous, and I pulled Yukino into the air. She settled comfortably on my hip. "Don't worry, they'll like you just fine. First though, we're going to go visit a special doctor, alright?"

They both nodded again.

"Now, her name is Porlyusica, and she can be very loud and seem very angry, alright? But she's on our side, and she won't hurt you."

I took Kagura's hand and jumped the three of us to Porlyusica's house.

I knocked on the door. "Porly? It's me, and I've got some young ones with me, and they'd appreciate it if you didn't yell. They recently went through some trauma."

The fact that I approached quietly was probably why Porlyusica opened the door slowly. "What's wrong?" she barked, though it wasn't as bad as usual.

"I had to save Kagura," I gestured to the dark haired child beside me, "and Yukino," I shifted the light bluenette on my hip. "It was early last night, and their village was raided by some crazy people. While running away, Yukino twisted her ankle. I healed it as much as I could, but I'm not as good with muscles as I am with bones."

The only thing harder for me to move than muscles was nerves. Bones were easy - they were already solid. And skin was pretty easy, as long as it could be stitched up in a reasonable way. A long cut from a knife could be healed easily, but if it was a oddly-shaped wound, or something bullet-like, it would be much, much harder.

Porlyusica sighed, nodded, and opened the door wider, letting us in.

I carried Yukino in and over to the bed, laying her down. Kagura hopped up on the bed beside her.