Chapter Thirty One -The 1st GMG: Day 1

Two chapters went up today, make sure you've seen the previous one.

*****

Chapter Thirty One - The 1st Annual Grand Magic Games: DAY ONE - July 1st, X773

We woke up the next day fully refreshed, and went down for the games.

My skin felt oddly empty without my bracelet on, and my magic hummed under my skin like an itch.

Makarov met us on the way down. "Now, I've made costumes for you-"

"No thank you," Cana said.

"I agree," Laxus said.

"You guys are supposed to match!" Makarov said.

"What color are the costumes?" I asked.

"Purple," Makarov said.

I frowned and looked pointedly at Juvia and Levy. "Are you sure that's the best choice? How about black and gold?"

"It doesn't matter, because-"

Ignoring him, I requipped my ColorS, and started changing my outfit. My pants and jacket were black with gold trimmings, and my shirt was the other way around.

He deflated.

I turned to the others. "How do you want yours?"

"Black with gold," Cana said, gesturing to her dress.

"Like Onee-sama's!" Juvia said, pointing down at her shirt and skirt.

"Black with gold," Laxus said.

"Me too," Levy said.

Done changing everyone's colors, I put away the ColorS and turned to Makarov. "There. All better."

He sighed. "Fine. You guys will be going in last because you came in first place. They're going backwards."

He left our tunnel and made his way to the commentator's booth, where I could also see Goldmine, Bob, Ooba, and Jose.

Damn, I was hoping he wouldn't get through.

But the amount meant that three guilds got two teams through.

I hope Phantom isn't one of them.

"Guys," I said. "The judges booth has five masters, including our own, which means that three guilds got two teams through. One of those masters is Jose Porla, the guild master of Phantom Lord. They have a thing against Fairy Tail, so be careful if you're against them. No fooling around or showman ship. Take them out as quickly as possible."

They nodded (though Levy looked a bit confused), and Laxus stared at Jose. "I don't like him."

"I don't think anyone likes him," I said.

The girls giggled.

Suddenly, a gong sounded, and trumpets filled the arena. "Hello, everyone, and welcome to the first annual Grand Magic Games! I'm Mato, and I'm your host, kabo!"