Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Six - Countdown

...hi. If the person writing 100 year quest is reading this, and you want a way to make the Platinum Keys canon in a way that makes sense, I have one. If you're willing to hire me, just pm me or smt (i am very broke)

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Six - Countdown

Laxus was exhausted. They were still preparing for the Festival, which would be starting tomorrow afternoon. Everyone had been assigned to their 'stations' and were working on their parts.

He had only sat down for a quick breath.

....There was a child in front of him.

This always happened. He loved being the 'big brother' to all of the kids in the guild but sometimes it was so exhausting.

Even worse, it was Jellal, who actually was his brother, so...

"Yeah?" Laxus grunted.

"Can I talk to you privately?" Jellal asked quietly.

"Mmmhmm," Laxus hmmed. Could you be too tired to make noise? Was that a thing?

"Good," Jellal said, bringing out a card and activating it. A sequence of rune walls went up, surrounding them and cutting off the noise from the rest of the guild. The walls also shimmered a certain way, which told Laxus that it was a one-way visual. In other words, no one could see them while they could still watch the guild.

He felt like the dumbest fucker alive. Why didn't he carry one of those?

Still, the noise of the guild being cut off helped him relax a bit.

Oh. He'd been overstimulated.

Now he felt even stupider. More stupid? See, he didn't even know which one was right.

"How did you and Elle get together?" Jellal asked nervously.

Oh, boy. Why? Why would he ask him that? How was Laxus supposed to know? Yeah, he'd been there and all, but that doesn't mean he understood what happened!

Laxus gave Jellal a look that he hoped conveyed his 'Are you fucking serious, man?'

Jellal sighed and sat down beside him. "Maybe it was Freed? Do I need a hype-man?"

Laxus would've choked if he'd been eating something. In no way was Freed a hype-man.

Jellal sighed, leaning back. "I just don't know what to do. I already know that she's the one I want to spend my life with."

Ugh, Laxus was going to have to talk. There was no way around it. "Does she know?"

Jellal blushed. "Probably?"

"Listen, if anything, I think you're already together, you just haven't put a label on it."

"What...what about kissing?"

Erik, please come kill me, RIGHT NOW!

Laxus could see him on the other side of the barrier, snorting and looking away from their vague direction.

That dick.

"I think," Laxus said, "That Erza will start kissing whenever she feels like it."

"Oh," Jellal said, pausing. "Yeah, that makes sense. Still, I wanted to do something special for her for the Festival."

"Then talk to Elle about making one of your songs a solo," Laxus said, very Done with this conversation.

"Alright," Jellal said slowly. "Alright, yeah. I can do that! I'll go tell Elle. And keep the card, you need it more than I do."