Chapter Seventy Five - Cubellios

For those of you who wanted to know, the song is called 'Run' and is by Jasmine Thompson. Unfortunately, I changed the words, and it's sung by a girl, so if any of y'all men who are reading this can sing and want to do a cover specific for this story and the new lyrics, I'd FUCKING LOVE THAT.

Also you guys all seem to be forgetting that ELLE NEEDS TO LEAVE IN A FEW DAYS. She can get with Laxus when she gets back...

*****

Chapter Seventy Five - Cubellios

Bickslow's life had changed for the better ever since two kids had waltzed into his life, and he loved them all the more for it. The day they had saved him, he hailed as the best in his life, by far. He had a real family now, and he hadn't really known what that word meant before - with the exception of Papa.

He had cultivated his gift since he joined Fairy Tail, and had learned what it truly meant to read souls.

When he first arrived at Fairy Tail, someone - Levy, maybe - asked if he could see soul mates.

He had never answered the question.

He saw each person connected to a series of strings, and what was amazing about it was that they could form some of the strings on their own. But some strings are always there, even before they meet. Destiny at its finest.

For example, red strings. As far as he could tell, Bickslow had figured that the red string represented love, or soul mates, or significant others. Since the day he'd met her, Juvia always had two red strings trailing off into the distance, spreading who knows where. And when Gray and Lyon walked into the guild, both had brightened, enhancing (especially between her and Gray). Though they've dulled every time one of them strips and she shrieks and hides.

Some people only have one red string - like the one between Jellal and Erza.

Some people are both lucky, and unlucky, though you could say that it depends on what you consider lucky. They have more than one red string; they have options. It's not set in stone - but that also means that it's a harder road. There are many strings coming from Lyon, and even more around Cana. There's even one connecting the two, and right now it's the strongest red for each of them.

But then there are people who are supposed to be red – like Gray and Juvia's were, but over time, it's shifted – it's still red, but it intertwined with a different color – yellow, right now. Saying that it's meant to be red in the end, but they're taking it slow for now, same as for Cana and Lyon's string.

Yellow was the most common color; the color of friendship. Walking into the guild with his Figure Eyes activated was like walking into the sun; blinding. Most people had extra colors - a yellow string entwined with another thing.

Blue tended to mean family, generally biologically, though some were changed. While Laxus and Makarov both have a deep blue string connecting to one another, they both have another one leading off somewhere, that's the same dark, grotesque blue, like festering oil. And then there's a lighter, sky blue color that some people have; which as far as Bickslow knows means that they don't know they're related.

And if the members of the guilds who were connected still didn't know by the end of the year, he'd tell Elle, but that's something for another time.