Chapter One - Elle, Part One

Disclaimer: I only own my OC and crazy magic. Despite my teasing, I have a massive amount of respect for Mashima, who created this lovely universe in the first place. Spoilers for EVERYTHING (and I mean fucking EVERYTHING).

Lots of changes. Diverges from canon a lot, with only some things coinciding and only a few arcs happening in the right order.

Warnings for swearing and violence. Will be both angsty and fluffy (and more than a little crazy). You may end up laughing or crying. Or staring at the screen in shock. Much squealing may be caused. No smut, but references to sex, rape, or bodily functions. Mental disorders including but not limited to: PTSD, depression, kleptomania, etc. Many possible triggers. More singing than I planned for. Breaking the fourth wall (a little). FULL ON CALAMITY. Beta'd by myself.

Also on Fanfiction, AO3, and Quotev, if one of those sites are preferred.

Enjoy, and welcome to the bandwagon!

*****

Chapter One - Elle, Part One

I awoke to my new life in a bed, surprisingly enough.

I got out of bed, and started exploring my new house (which, upon looking out the window, was a decidedly small cottage in the middle of the woods). Upon reaching a kitchen table, I came upon a pile of books, and a magazine with today's date. On it was a sticky note that said - Today is your 9th birthday. Good luck on your adventure! These books should help you with what you need. I'll be excited to see how it turns out.

I peeled off the sticky note and looked at the magazine. Sorcerer Weekly

In the top right corner was the date; May 1st, X772.

It was real.

*****

I had never been in a car accident in my life.

But, I guess that even now, I still haven't really been in a car accident. I wasn't anywhere near the two cars when they crashed, I just got hit by a flying vehicle half way down the road.

I did not see my life flash before my eyes; hell, I didn't even know there was a car coming my way until someone started screaming. So I turn and-

SPLAT.

Then I was a pancake. Flat, and well, not really a pancake because I was covered in blood and I'm not really food (I mean unless you're a cannibal) and I'm gonna stop now cause it's getting morbid.

I point is, I got hit by a flying car, and died.

Not one of the best ways to start the day, I'll admit.

And now I'm here. In a library. Which I'm pretty sure is the afterlife, seeing as how my body doesn't hurt and I feel perfectly fine, and I'm fairly sure that I've never been cleaner or looked prettier in my life.

I peeked my head out into the hall, so I could see the rest of the bookcases.

My eyes widened as I comprehended how big this jungle was.

It didn't end! The rows of books just went on and on and on until it got so far away I couldn't even see what I was looking at.