Ch. 38 Soccer

~Here's a late thanksgiving gift. Enjoy!!

"So is it a yes?"

"Is what a yes?"

"You know, soccer?"

".......Yes I'll go to your practice today."

I braced myself before Juje ran and gave me a big hug that nearly made me fall on the floor. After, she gave me a peck on the cheek before pulling away and grinning at me.

I looked at her like she was crazy. "Juje what the heck is wrong with you?....Did you get drunk in the morning or something?"

"No I'm just high."

"........What?!"

"I'm kidding, I just drank a little too much coffee."

I gave her a blank look. "of course you did."

"Anywayyyys," she locked our arms together and started leading me to her locker. "Did you get soccer stuff and a dark gray shirt? That's the color we're wearing today if you didn't know that already."

"Yah you left me more than a hundred text messages last night letting me know this information." I replied rolling my eyes.

"Just making sure."
-
After a long six hours of sitting in class and an hour of gym class, the school day was over. Colby gave me a good luck hug and kiss before leaving for band practice after school cause there was a football game next week.

I walked with Juje to the girl's soccer locker room and everybody went quiet when they saw me. I looked down at the floor, immediately regretting agreeing to join their practice, especially if they were going to make me feel awkward and embarrassed the whole season if I made the team.

"What is she doing here?" I hear Jordyn's voice say.

I look up seeing Jordyn walk out of a stall with only her sports bra and shorts on glaring at me. Her arms and legs were nicely toned and she had a clean four pack. You could say she looked a little intimidating.

"As you so nicely asked, Sadie's gonna practice with us today and hopefully try out for the team." Juje exclaimed to everyone in the room.

Most of them cheered and smiled at me, but some of them gave me disgusted looks.

Juje must have noticed cause she put a foot down and crossed her arms looking at each one of them, but mostly the ones that didn't seem too happy to hear the news. "And all of you have to treat her with respect like you should be doing with the rest of your teammates. If I catch anyone treating her like shit, don't expect me to ignore it; there will be consequences. I don't want her to feel like she's not welcomed, so treat her like she belongs." After she was done with her speech, her face turned from serious to cheery again and she smiled at me before going to one of the lockers and grabbing her soccer stuff to change into.

I stood there alone with everybody staring at me. I tried making it less awkward by proceeding to a stall to change, but I of course tripped over my foot and came crashing to the floor of the locker room, my backpack and sports bag leaving my hands.

Laughter filled the air right after, and I didn't feel like getting up and facing them as tears stung my eyes.

I was still on the ground, my face to the ground, when I felt hands lift me up from the floor. "You good?" a girl asked, as she grabbed my bags and handed them to me. I couldn't find the words to speak cause I was still embarrassed by what just happened just a second ago.

"Hey, we were only laughing cause the same thing happened to her yesterday when she was walking into the lockeroom.......and also cause you looked really funny." Another girl I recognized as Shay stated, laughing a little from the bench she was sitting at while putting on her shin guards.