Ch. 37 Senior

"Are you kidding me, none of you guys are in my P.E class. I knew I should've taken a health class this year."

"That's why there's a thing called making new friends."

"Then they back stab you out of nowhere."

"Babe, not everyone is like that."

"Uh in this school they are."

"You'll be fine, just be happy that Kennedy and them aren't there, so I doubt you'll regret it."

"Whatever. Just don't come over if anything bad happens to me."

"Wasn't planning to."

We all turned to Jendell.

"I was only kidding, chill. I'm not that mean."

"Mmhm." I hummed sarcastically.

"I'm not." She defended, pouting.

"Whatever I have to go." Before I could get another step away, Colby grabbed me by the waist, pulling me to his side and kissing the side of my face.

"Tell me how it goes 'kay?"

I gave him a sincere smile before kissing him back, and heading to the locker room. When I got there, everyone was talking to their friends and changing into athletic clothes. I slipped into one of the stalls and changed before getting out and putting my clothes into a locker.

I stood there awkwardly, watching people laugh with their friends and have a conversation. Before I could feel more anti social, the gym teacher called us out, and everyone started rushing out of the locker room. We were met with the guys that were in the same class and non of them were people I was friends with.

"Everyone outside! Two laps around the track and meet at the center of the field so I can tell y'all what we're going to be doing today."

We got to the track and people started jogging with their friends while I was jogging alone. When we were finally done with our laps, everyone walked over to the middle of the field.

"Today we're going to do soccer for the first part of the gym trimester. I know some of y'all are on the team, but try to not injure anyone. Now everyone grab a partner and start passing."

I looked around me and I could see everyone going to someone and grabbing a soccer ball.

"I should've expected this was going to happen." I mumbled to myself, going to the side of the field and sitting on a ball with my palms under my cheeks and my elbow resting on my thighs. I sighed watching everyone passing and I realized that this was going to be this way for the rest of the gym tri.

Lonely as fuck.

As I was going through a list of things that might happen the rest of the tri in my head, a shadow fell over me, and I looked up seeing a guy I've never met.

"Hey um..do you have a partner?" The guy asked. He was a ginger, but was actually cute.

I looked at him skeptically, wondering if he's only kidding. "No."

"I saw you walk over here before I could ask--"

"Are you new to this school?" I interrupted.

"Um yah why?"

"No one usually comes up to me unless they're one of my few friends, or they're planning something."

"Don't worry, I'm not planning anything, just wanted to know if you wanted to pass together."

I thought for a moment before agreeing, and we got a ball and jogged to where everybody else was. After a few minutes of passing and not saying anything, the freckled guy finally spoke, running his fingers through his red hair. "So do you play?"