Ch. 32 Hope

I took out my phone, wiping as much water as i could off of it, and mustered up the courage to dial and call Colby. It started ringing and my heart began to beat really fast, my hands shaking because of how nervous I was in that moment.

"Sadie?" I hear on the other line.

I tried to speak, but it just came out as a choked sob.

"Did something happen?" He asked, sounding worried.

I can't do this. I quickly tapped the red button, ending the call.

Why did I think he would want to talk to me after all the shit I put him through? And to just call him when I find out I need him? I'm so fucking stupid.

I banged my phone on my forehead over and over again until I could feel enough pain to stop, and I put my head down, crying more and feeling the rain run through my head and body.

I didn't deserve him.

My body was freezing, but I wouldn't mind dying of hyperthermia right about now.
Minutes later, I felt a warmth beside me, and they pulled me closer to them. I didn't have to look up to know who it was, and I buried my face into their chest.

I soon drifted off.

Colby's P.O.V

I heard her slowly stop crying, and I looked to my chest seeing that she fell asleep. I quickly picked her up and ran to my car, opening the door and laying her in the back. After, I drove her home and opened the door to her house with the spare key she gave me a month ago when we were still together.

I brought her up the stairs to her room bridal style and was about to lay her on her bed when I felt her stir in her sleep. "I'm c...cold." She whimpered.

I looked down at her and she was shivering, but her eyes were still closed.

I started shaking her a little trying to wake her up. "Sadie? Sadie you have to go change. Sadie wake up."

Her eyes slowly opened, but it was glossy, which ment that she wasn't fully awake. I put her down on the bed gently, but she just sat there looking at nowhere in particular.

I went through her drawer and pulled out a perry the platypus t-shirt and gray sweats and handed it to Sadie, who took it but didn't actually do anything after.

"You kinda have to change your clothes." I said laughing, helping her up to the bathroom and closing the door so she could change. Minutes later I hear a bang like someone fell, and I ran to open the bathroom door, seeing Sadie on the floor with her soaked clothes still on and her sweats below her knees.

She looked very confused as to what just happened and I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"Then help me." She says quietly, with a hint of annoyance.

So I helped her change the best I could cause she still wasn't fully awake, and I carried her to her bed.

"I love you Colby." I hear her whisper.

I looked at her shocked, but she was sound asleep. Did she just say she loves me?! She probably wasn't indicating it to me cause her eyes were closed. But she did say my name.....Uhhh, this is so confusing. So does that mean she actually has feeling for me? Still? No she doesn't. She wasn't even that awake this whole time and would probably forget what happened.

I left her a note on her desk just incase she was confused as to how she got here and I leaned over and kissed her on the cheek gently, whispering, "I love you too."
-
The rest of the weekend, I didn't hear from Sadie, which I should've expected anyways. Still was half expecting her to at least text me or something, but she didn't.