Ch. 31 Understanding

"Sadie you're not wearing that. That's way too much black."

"I think this is fine--"

"Boi that ain't fine! Go find something else."

"I don't have 'dating clothes.'"

"Then go find something in Jewls closet. She has tons of clothes."

"She's gonna kill me if she finds out I wore her clothes."

"Then don't let her notice, and she'll probably not know considering how much clothes she has."

"Jendell I'm not sure about this--"

"You'll be fine."

We were currently entering Jewls room and picking out what I was going to wear to my date with Keagan tonight.

"So let's see." Jendell rummaged through the clothes "Perfect. Here, try this on."

"Jendell?"

"Don't worry, she's not even here anyways."

"Fine." I said putting on the maroon long sleeved romper.

"Yaasss gurl! Slay!"

"I don't know about this." I said nervously.

"Too bad you're wearing it." She said pushing me out of Jewls room and back to mine so she could work on my face and hair.

While she was working on them, she told me that she told Colby about my date at the mall with Keagan.

There was a pause. "......Jendell why would you tell him?" I asked annoyed.

"Cause he kept bothering me about it and he really cares about you."

"What a creep." I mumbled.

"Hey don't call him a creep. I know you don't want him to be in your life anymore, but you know that's never gonna happen."

I rolled my eyes, obviously done with this conversation.

"And also, how you broke up with him wasn't right. You shouldn't have told him that you never wanted to be with him and never actually loved him because that really hurt him."

"So. He can get over it--"

"Sadie, he cries himself to sleep every night. Why would you think he'll get over it?"

"Wh..what?" I asked shocked.

"You heard me. It's because of how you've treated him after the breakup, and it's not right."

"How do you even know this? Is it cause you sleep with him every night?"

"Excuse me!" She said angrily.

"You heard me." I mocked.

"No! I don't!" She calmed down a bit before speaking again. "I went over his house last night to check up on him, and his mom told me that he was sleeping, but he hasn't been himself for awhile because of what happened between you two. She also said that she could hear him crying every night for the past 2 weeks, and it's obvious the reason why."

"And why do you care so much about him?" I asked her, narrowing my eyes.

"Why? Because he's one of my closest friends. Why should I not care about him? I wouldn't want to ignore him, lie to him, or be so mean to him, because I care a lot for him. Even though he could be annoying sometimes, I still love him....like a brother, not how I love Bastien....Like I don't lo--"

"Yah I get it." I interrupted.

"Okay good.......And if you ever have the chance, please apologize to him. Even if you don't want to get back together with him, just apologize, and at least become friends again cause I know he's hurting."