Ch. 15 Accusation

As we walked out, the music became louder. Jendell and I ran to the dance floor while Colby and Bri stayed a little ways back. "Focused on You" by Eric Bellinger came up and we pretty much took the spotlight. Having a best friend that could dance was great cause it really rubbed off on you. We had a dope routine on this song and we just danced together. Shelda got up in the dance and all three of us were just killin' it.

Another song came up and I went over to where Colby was 'dancing' while Jendell grabbed Craig and started dancing with him.

"I know you can't really dance, but loosen up and have some fun!" I said to Colby grinning.

He laughed at my statement knowing it was true, and we started dancing together. I don't know if it was the alcohol that I consumed or just me, but I was having so much fun. He spun me around and dipped me, and I couldn't stop laughing. I then turned around and put his hands on my hips and we started grinding to the beat.

Jendell came over to us holding Craig by the hand. "I see you guys are having fun!" She grinned seeing the position we were in. I felt Colby quickly remove his hands from my hips and wrap his arms around me. "Anyways, I'm gonna be back, I'm just going to go um... have a talk with him." She said pointing to Craig.

"Okay," I said sarcastically. "You go do that." She winked at us before leaving. Right when they left, the music changed to a slower paced song.

I turned around and put my arms around Colby's neck, staring into his bright blue eyes. I crossed my eyes and he laughed. Out of nowhere I had the sudden urge to kiss him, so I did. I felt the same spark I had felt when I kissed him the other time by accident, but this time it felt better. I felt him smile into the kiss and I did the same.

All of a sudden, someone grabbed me by the hair and pulled me back. I screamed as I fell on the ground.

"I literally told you that he's my date, and you go on and fucking kiss him?!" Kennedy yelled down at me.

My head was spinning. I was too dizzy to get up so I sat there.

"Kennedy, get it through your head, I'm not your fucking date!" Colby told her heading to where I was on the ground to help me stand up.

I could hear the music had stopped and there was a crowd around us.

"Oh Colby, you don't want to be hanging out with this bitch. She's here going from person to person, whoring around."

"What the fuck is wrong with you. You can't just call people names and come up with lies when they haven't even done anything to you. Matter of fact, you just described yourself."

"Oh damnnn." I here someone say in the crowd.

I then see her quickly walk up to a guy with a red cup and grabs it from him. Before any of us could process what she was about to do, she splashes the substance from the cup on Colby. Some of it got on me and it seeped down on my sleeve, making it go on my wrist. I winced in pain as it stung my cuts. I guess it didn't heal all the way yet.

"What the fuck is going on here?!"

I turn to my left and see Craig and Jendell push through the crowd and enter the circle.

"Baby, Sadie was calling me names and hurting my feelings just now." Kennedy whined, going over to Craig and hugging his arm.

Are you kidding me. Now I'm really confused. Baby?

Jendell stepped on Kennedy's foot, which earned a yell from her, before walking over to us.

"Sorry Sadie, but you have to leave now!" Craig said to me.