Ch. 4 Accident

Next morning was a Saturday, yay! I woke up and noticed that my phone was ringing, so I answered.

"Hello," I said yawning.

"Hey Sadie," a familiar voice answered back.

"Oh morning Colby."

"Well it's actually afternoon, but morning."

I glance at the clock which read 12:43pm, "Oh I slept that late?"

"Yup, you need to wake up cause I wanted to hang out with you today."

"Uh--"

"You don't have any plans, do you?"

"Actually no."

"Okay I'm right in front of your house, so get ready."

"Wait you're here?" I asked getting up to look out the window.

"Yah, I rode my bike."

I looked out the window and spotted him on the sidewalk with his bike, talking on the phone. He then looked up to where I was and waved.

"Okay I'll be ready in like 15 minutes." I said walking away from the window.

"Bring your bike too."

"Okay gotchu, bye."

"Peace."

I ended the call and got ready.

About 20 minutes later I went downstairs and was about to leave when my mom called me.

"Sadie, where are you off too?" She asked while sitting down at the kitchen table.

"Umm, Colby and I were going to go biking, so......" about to step out the door.

"Well there's leftover pancakes and bacon on the counter because you slept in later than you usually do."

"I can eat later--"

She gave me a stern look.

"Fine but I'm just having a little bit cause Colby's waiting for me outside."

When I said that, she stood up and walked to the door opening it.

"You can come in, she's going to take a little while." She yelled to Colby.

Seconds later, Colby came in heading straight to the food. I was grabbing a bacon to eat, when he grabbed it at the same time, ripping it in half. We both looked at each other, bacon in hand and I purposely threw it at his face but missed.

He gave me the are-you-serious look and tried to keep a straight face. Out of no where a smile started to form at the same time and we burst out laughing.

I heard my mom cracking up too, we must have looked like idiots laughing our heads off.

We finally settled down and Colby sat down at the table with me, eating.

I actually ate a lot for once and after eating, Colby helped me wash and put away the stuff.

"I'm heading to work now," my mom said grabbing her keys.

"Okay. Oh and do you know where Jewls had gone off to?" I ask.

"I dropped her off at the library. Said she had some researching for school to do."

Colby snorted.

I laughed a little, "Say hi to Christine for me."

"I will, I'll see you guys later," she said kissing my head before leaving the house.