Ch. 11 Guilt

Jendell's P.O.V

Colby and I were laying on the bed that was in the nurse's office while eating ice cream that I just happened to have stored in my mini cooler in my bag.

The door opened and in walks in Bastien. He talks to the nurse about visiting before he turns around spotting us.

I got up immediately, but smacked my head on the top bunk.

"Owww," I whined.

"Are you okay?" Colby whispered.

"Y...yah I'm fine." I looked back to Bastien and it looked like he was holding in his laugh. Ooo he was gonna to get it.

I walked over to Bastien and slapped him across the face.

He yelped before grabbing his face in pain. His face turned red, and I could see my hand imprinted on his left cheek.

He looked up and his eyes were tearing up. "What was that for Jendell?"

"Shouldn't it be obvious? One, for laughing at me and two, for being there while Justin was beating up Colby. Why the hell would you let that happen?!"

He looked over at Colby then back to me with guilt. "I..I'm sorry."

"Bastien, sorry doesn't cut it. You should of done something when you had to. Even though you're best friends with Justin, doesn't mean that you should let that happen."

He looked down.

"And also, because of that, you're not allowed to talk to me or even look at me."

He looked back up to me. "B..but--"

"Didn't you just hear me Bastien?" I got all up in his face. "I said, don't even look at me."

Now he was trying to avoid looking at me which was hard because my face was just inches away from his.

"Now leave," I whispered.

He quickly headed to the door, but before leaving he turned to Colby. "Hey I'm really sorry for everything that happened this morning, and I regret not doing anything while you were getting hurt. Hope you get better man." After that he left.

"Don't you think you were being too harsh?"

I turned back around. "Mm no...I don't think so."

He looked at me expectedly.

"Fine maybe a little, but he should of expected it."

"Yah I guess."

The nurse came over. "Are you alright to go to your next class?"

"If it's okay with you, can I just stay till school ends?" Colby asked.

"Um... yah that's fine."

"Thank you so much."

"I'll bring your homework from your classes too." I said.

"Thanks Jendell, I really appreciate it."

"Yah of course. I'll see you later then."

"Bye."

I grabbed a pass from the nurse and walked out of the nurse's office heading to my last class which I had with Sadie. I was going to tell her the truth. Even if she doesn't believe it, I'll show her the proof.

.........................................................

After getting suspended for next week, because I was being a smart ass to shitty Mr. Berg, I went to all of Colby's teacher's classrooms to collect his missed work, bringing it to him before heading to the door of my last class to wait for Sadie.