Ch. 19 Confusion

Colby's P.O.V

An hour had passed and I was beginning to grow restless. I was about to walk over to the front desk, when a young doctor, maybe in his late 20s, walked over to us.

"Are you all here for Mersadies Royce?" The doctor asked us.

"Yes. Is she okay?" I immediately asked.

"Don't worry, she's doing well. We had to pump her stomach to remove the pills that were consumed and were resting in her stomach, and we managed to stitch some of the open wounds on her body, some which were a little smaller, which we wrapped in bandage. Some of her broken and bruises ribs are starting to heal quickly, so that's good. Because she was rushed to the hospital on time, her livers were not damaged. She's sleeping right now, but you're able to go see her."

I was about to reply, but Jewls beat me to it. "I'm so happy that you were able to save my dear sister. I would've been so devastated." Jewls said very dramatically.

"It was no problem. Anything for a family." He replied secretly checking her out. Jewls was looking back at him seductively, and I guess Ms. Royce didn't notice any of this because she was still smiling up at him. This just made me wanna throw up.

"So how many people can go see her at a time?" Ms. Royce asked the doctor.

He quickly averted his eyes away from Jewls. "Two at a time."

"I'll go after you and Jewls." I said.

"Okay let's go Jewls." Ms. Royce said heading over to the room Sadie was in. Jewls glared at me and after gave the doctor her number, before following her mom.

The doctor left and I sat there waiting. After about 10 minutes they came back and I headed over to Sadie's room.

I opened the door and walked in seeing that she was still asleep. I squatted down next to the bed and took her hand in mine, interlocking them. I looked over her face, seeing that some of her bruises had bandages on them. She still looked peaceful, and of course she looked like an angel. 

"Why did you try to kill yourself Sadie? What happened today?" I whispered. "If you would've died, I wouldn't know what I would do with myself. I still love you so much, but I know you don't feel the same way about me. I'll still do anything for you, even though you might not do the same."  I leaned over and kissed her on the cheek before standing up and leaving the room.

"I have to head back to work, but I'll be coming back tomorrow. Do you guys need a ride home?" Ms. Royce asked us as I came back.

"I'll need a ride home." Jewls said.

"I have my car here so I'm good. But I'm going to stay for the night just in case she wakes up." I said sitting down.

"Okay then. I'll see you later." 

"Bye."

As they left, my phone started ringing, so I took it out of my pocket and saw that it was Jendell.

"Hello?"

"Why didn't you tell me Sadie was in the hospital?!" Jendell shouted into the phone.

I had to pull it away from my ear. "Are you trying to make me deaf?And sorry, I forgot--"

"You forgot?!! Y'all are supposed to tell me these things the moment it happens, especially when it has to do with Sadie."

"Dude chill. It won't happen again."

"It better not...Anyways, how is she?" She asked finally calming down.

".....She's fine. She's sleeping right now."