Ch. 18 Why?

Colby's P.O.V

It's been an hour since I've texted Sadie if she needed a ride home, but she hasn't replied yet. I was getting worried so I decided to go to the school to see if she was still there.

I got to the school, and headed to the library. I went to the area where she usually sits, but she wasn't there, so I walked over to where the librarian was.

"Hi, have you seen a girl with red hair, yay tall, gray eyes?"

"I don't know.....Actually maybe. Was she wearing a gray shirt and black pants?" The librarian asked.

"Yes that's her."

"She left about 45 minutes ago. She was also followed by Kennedy and a group of people."

"Wait Kennedy?!" I almost shout, but caught myself.

She nodded. "Kennedy is such a sweetheart. You shouldn't worry."

"Kennedy is nothing close to a sweetheart. I have to go." I said, leaving her confused.

I drove over to Sadie's house and rang the doorbell. No one answered. I was about to ring it again when Jewls opened the door, looking kinda flushed.

I looked at her dubiously, and she glared at me. "What do you want?" She asked putting her hand on her hip.

"Um...is Sadie here?"

"Yes why?"

"Well I texted her if she needed a ride, but she didn't reply, so I just wanted to make sure she was oka--"

"I don't really care. She's fine. Now please leave." She said, about to close the door.

I stopped it with my foot. "Can I see her?"

She sighed before opening the door wider, letting me in.

I walked upstairs to find her, but as I was passing their bathroom, I saw droplets of red liquid from there, leading to her room. That got me really confused and uneasy, so I practically ran over there. What I saw made me want to cry.

Sadie was laying on the ground unconscious next to her bed in a pool of blood.

I ran over to her and fell down on my knees. "Sadie?!..Sadie wake up!...Sadie!" I tried checking for a pulse, but I didn't find one. I was crying at this point. "Jewls!"

"....What?!" I here her yell back.

"Come here now!!"

"Why? I don't know wh--"

"NOW!!" I scream.

Seconds later I here her come in. "Why the hell--..... OH MY GOSH!." I heard her suck in her breath. "What happened?!"

"Go call 911!" I yelled ignoring her question.

"W..wh.. what--"

"GO!!"

She hesitated before running out of the room.

I turned back to Sadie and examined her wrist, seeing that it was oozing out blood. I quickly grabbed a towel from her room and wrapped it around it, trying to slow down the bleeding. I noticed that her face was covered in bruises, and her shirt had blood stains all over it. I was crying so much. What happened to her? 

Jewls came in. "They said they'll be here in a few minutes, just keep adding direct pressure on the places that are bleeding."

I nodded doing so.

"I..I also found this in the bathroom."

I turned around and saw Jewls holding up a medicine bottle. "What is it?" I asked, nervous for her reply.

"An empty bottle of sleeping pills."

I almost choked. Did she attempt suicide?

Just then, a boy walks in wearing only a pair of boxers. "Jewls what's taking so long? I'm still fucking horny." He spotted Sadie. "Holy shit!"

"Can you leave?!" I said with anger. I just realized that Jewls was having sex while Sadie was in the next room slowly dying in her own pool of blood.

I could hear faint sirens.

"He doesn't have to, he can help carry her." Jewls said to me.

"I don't want him even touching her." I said picking Sadie up from the ground. "Now leave! I don't want to say it again."

The boy quickly left the room.

I went downstairs carrying Sadie, and Jewls opened the door for me so I can leave the house. I was met with paramedics.

"We'll take it from here." One of them said, placing her on a stretcher and putting her in the ambulance.

Jewls was the only one that could ride in the ambulance cause she was her sister, but she insisted on riding with me. She informed her mom about Sadie being in the hospital, so she was also on her way there.

We finally got to the hospital and I practically ran inside to the front desk, asking if Sadie was here and if I can see her. The lady said that I couldn't see her yet, but someone will come out if there's any news on her.

I sat down next to Jewls and put my head down in my hands.

"You okay?" Jewls asks, putting her hand on my back.

Why would I be okay? The girl that I'm still in love with attempted suicide and has a great chance of dying, and you're asking me if I'm okay. Does it look like I'm okay? Is what I wanted to say, but I just decided on sticking with a simple no.

She hugged me, but for some reason something told me not to hug her back. "Jewls, did you also have something to do with this?" I asked picking my head up and looking at her.

"I.....I heard Kennedy and some other people were going to jump her after school."

"But how would Kennedy know where she would be? She barely goes to the library."

She didn't reply.

"Answer me damn it!"

"I told her that she would be there after school?"

"So you were in on this?"

She slowly nodded.

"W...why would you do that to her? Like why do you always treat her like shit? She doesn't deserve any of this, and you're her freaking sister treating her like that. Why?" I was in the brink of crying again.

She just shrugged, taking out her phone and using it.

I was pissed so I snatched her phone away from her and stood up.

"What the hell! Give it back."

"No! You're not going to get it back until you tell me why you hate her so much." I guess I was really loud because some people turned to us.

"Sit down, you're making a scene." Jewls hissed grabbing my arm and pulling me down aggressively. "And I'll take that." She said plucking her phone out of my hand.

Just then, Ms. Royce came in and rushes over to us. She looked like she'd been crying. "Where is she?" She asked.

"She's in a room, but we can't go in because she's in really bad shape. A doctor's going to come soon if there's any news on her." I said as I moved a seat over so she could sit in between me and Jewls.

"Bad shape?! What happened?"

"She swollowed a whole bottle of sleeping pills." Jewls said bluntly.

Ms. Royce gasped, and I could see tears starting to form in her eyes. So was mine. "Why?"

"She gets bullied at school, and I guess today got worse. So sh...she attempted suicide." It was hard for me to say that out loud.

"How long has this been going on for?" Ms. Royce asked. A tear slipping out of her eye.

"For about a week now." I replied.

She nodded in understanding, but then she broke down crying, so Jewls comforted her. "It's going to be okay. She'll make it." Jewls said hugging her mom.

I hope so.