Ch. 7 Concern

I was shocked, "What?!" Maybe I didn't here right.

He took my hand in his and repeated himself, "I love you, since pretty much the day I met you. I've always liked you and I just realized that I've been in love with you for a while now. I've tried to deny it, but I couldn't."

I looked at him still shocked before removing my hand from his grasp, "Colby, I...I'm sorry but......I don't feel the same way."

He looked down. "But what about when you kissed me at the mall? Y....you didn't feel anything when our lips touched?" He asked quietly.

"Colby, I got pushed and I fell on you. I didn't kiss you intentionally, it was an accident. Plus I liked Justin at that time, and he's my boyfriend now, so I can't do that to him. I love him not you."

Colby looked back up and I could see his eyes filled with tears.

"M..maybe y...you should leave," I whispered.

I could see a tear slip from his eye and run down his cheek before he quickly put his face in his hands and groaned.

"I'm really sorry," I whispered as I placed my hand on his arm. He flinched so I withdrew it.

He suddenly stood up from the bed and I looked up at him seeing that his eyes were a little red from crying.

"No I'm sorry. You have a boyfriend and I'm really stupid for saying all that."

"No you're no--"

"Just don't. And your right, I'll just leave like you asked." He walked out of my room not looking back and closed the door behind him.

...........................................................

That whole summer I hadn't spoken to Colby. Every time we managed to run into each other, I would always ignore him. And when our friends hung out together, it always felt awkward.

"You guys were like best friends before. It just doesn't seem right when you two aren't talking to each other and just ignoring one another." Jendell said when we were hanging out at her place.

I replied, "He's the one that said all those things and made it awkward for us. He knew I had a boyfriend, but still confessed his love for me. Like why would he say that to me when he knows the situation I'm in?" I looked at Jendell and saw that she had a guilty face on.

"Wait.... did you have anything to do with this?" I asked waiting for her answer.

"I sorta, maybe.....toldhimtotellyouhowhefeltaboutyou."

"Excuse me?" I said not understanding what she said.

She sighed, "I told him to tell you how he felt about you."

"Why did you do that Jendell? Wait a minute....... is that what you guys were hiding from me last summer and you wouldn't tell me?"

She nodded.

"Oh."

.................................................................

The summer ended and our sophomore year started.

"Hey I'll see you at lunch," Justin says before pecking me on the lips.

"Bye." I said and headed to my 1st period class which was Chemistry. As I was walking there I pass two people that were making out against the locker and noticed that it was Jewls. She saw me and glared at me before I walked passed them. Uhh! Jewls is now going to my school and I have to deal with her everyday again. 

I got to my Chem class and sat at the back, 2 minutes to spare so I just read my book.

Someone sat at the seat next to me and I looked up from my book seeing that it was Colby. He gave me a weak smile and I returned it.