Ch. 3 Hurt

After school ended the next day, Justin and I met up and started walking to the movie theater. It wasn't that far from school, maybe about a 20 minute walk.

"So what movie are we planning on seeing," I asked him hoping he would say Doctor Strange. I really wanted to watch that.

"I wanted to watch Doctor Strange, but if you don't want we could watch something else."

"No no, I actually wanted to watch that," I said grinning.

"Okay great."

We walked in silence, but it didn't feel awkward or anything, and we just enjoyed each other's company. We finally reached the movie theater and walked in. We got our tickets and headed to the room that was playing the movie.

Behind us I could here some people talking.

"Damn she's skinny as fuck."

"She pretty much resembles those skinny, hairless cats some people own."

"Haha that's so true."

"Probably could pass as a stick if you stand far enough."

Laughter.

Three boys laughing that looked to be around our age or older walks passed us and enters the room that was playing Doctor Strange.

I stop walking and just stood there, trying not to cry.

Justin turns to me and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Hey, look at me."

I slowly look up but I don't meet his eyes.

"Please."

I finally look up to his bright amber eyes that stare back at me with concern.

"Sadie, you shouldn't let people put you down. Your so beautiful and I know your better than them."

"I'm nothing but an ugly, anorexic piece of shit Justin. Let them call me names, it's true anyways. Like look at me, why would anyone like something like this," I say pointing to myself, tears leaving my eyes.

He wipes them away with his thumb, "I feel like you went through something this summer that really effected you. I know you weren't like this last year and I would do anything to help you get better. I know your strong, and those people that make fun of you are nothing but insecure. Don't let them get to you. You're not ugly, don't put yourself down either, bring yourself up. And don't call yourself a thing, you're a someone. Okay?"

I nodded.

"Also I really like you," he said smiling.

I smile back.

"Are you okay now?"

"Actually yes I am."

He chuckles, "Good."

Before we head into the room, he takes his hands off my shoulders and holds my hand, interlocking them. I was a little surprised but he didn't seem to notice as we went to find our seats.

We sat somewhere close to the back, our hands still together and the movie started. While we were watching the movie, three people stood up from the front and I guess were heading to the back. We couldn't see who they were cause it was dark and didn't think anything of it until they sat right behind us.

I felt something hitting me at the back of my head and I turned around to face those boys that were making fun of me earlier, hands back ready to throw popcorn.

"Can you please stop throwing popcorn at my head," I whisper.

The boy at the left answers, "Yah of course, sorry."