Chapter Twenty Three

Alexandria's PoV

My father and his old friend and business partner was just busily discussing things of importance to them. My mind was elsewhere as I tried to imagine myself anywhere but where I am now.

For some reason, this guy was taking his sweet time on getting here and I could see that his father was pissed, but was trying very hard to stay calm.

I can now see how he and my father are friends. They both look as if they have anger issues.

I looked towards my mother who was talking with Isabella. Alexandria and Isabelle were also in a conversation of their own leaving me out of the picture.

This was boring me to death, just sitting there all alone with nothing to do while everyone else was occupied.

"Excuse me, but I have to go to the bathroom," I said, as my father nodded his head. My mother shot me a look which had many meanings behind it.

Slowly, I made my way out of the room before rushing to the farthest bathroom. I just had to get out of there before I embarrassed my family.

The bathroom was vacant as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. How I wish I was back home just relaxing on my bed while stuffing my face with potato chips. That was something I hadn't done in a long time.

Knowing if I stayed here any longer that someone would come down here to drag me back, I took in a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom.

Just as I was about to take the corner, I bumped into someone that I didn't not expect to see here and they looked just as surprised to see me.

"Nice seeing you here Zian, but I have somewhere very important that I need to be." I rushed out the words and before he could respond, run all the way back to the meeting.

I knew that if I stayed longer that I would begin displaying unacceptable manners, which is supposed to be reserved when around so many people.

I got back into my seat and avoided the questioning looks from Alexander. She could always tell when something was wrong with me.

It wasn't long after I was seated that the door opened once more. From the look of Alexander's face, I thought she was about to pass out but I kept on staring straight ahead.

"Finally, my son is here," the man said with a wide smile. "Now our two families can finally be joined as one.

Not able to stand not knowing who was there, I finally looked to see who my supposed spouse to be was. If only I could have died right on the spot.

There staring back at me with wide eyes was Zian. Surprise and a mixture of anger swirling in those beautiful blue eyes.

"She," he began, motioning towards me. "She is the one who's supposed to be my wife?"

His father looked calm as ever but from my own experience, I knew he was just boiling inside. Another trait that he and my father shared.

Now I'm beginning to wonder whether these two are related in some way.

"Is there something wrong with my daughter?" My father asked. His tone rough as he looked between the two of us. The room was silent and no one said a word.

I sent a look towards Zian as if to tell him not to mention a thing about what happened between us.

"Nothing sir. I was just clarifying since there are so many beautiful women in this room." His tone immediately changed and I was beginning to wonder if he was the same person.

"Very well then. We shall leave the two of you alone to get to know each other better and then we shall return to hear your decisions," my father said.

Everyone got up and left the room leaving the two of us all alone. Hopefully I survive this and see how this goes, but this definitely was not who I had expected.

Oh boy.

Hey guys! Shorter chapter than usual but you guys have being dying for an update after that unintentional cliffhanger. So here you guys go.

I hope you all enjoy this story so far and have a wonderful day or night where ever you are. Bye... mwah