Chapter Eighteen

Alexandria's PoV

After a little bit of advice or more like threatening, Zian finally agreed to allow me to go out. Wanting to anger him a little bit more as well, I made Alexander tell Eugene to come meet me.

She was allowed to do as she pleased since Zian said her behaviour wasn't as bad as mine. I mean, that girl can turn into a monster real quick, especially when she is hungry, so I don't see how her behaviour is any better than mine.

One time, we nearly ended up killing each other because I ate both my cookies and hers. It took our sisters around thirty minutes to get us off each other.

So if that girl is willing to kill me over food, I'm not sure if there isn't a reason why she wouldn't want to right now. After all, I have done a lot of things to her to deserve it.

Right now, Eugene and I were hanging upside down like bats on the monkey bars at an empty park. We were just talking about random stuff to past the time before going to get something to eat.

"My dear sister accidentally blurted out about the engagement in front of Zian," I said, as Eugene let out a chuckle. He was a family friend and that means he's brain ain't right. After all, everyone in my family has something wrong with their brain.

"Maybe she did it to get you back for dragging her into this or maybe for when you told your mother about her crush or." I cut him off.

"Okay, I get it. I've done many things to her which could be the reason." I sighed as I swung my body back and forth before getting off the monkey bars.

Eugene copied my actions and then jumped besides me, a goofy smile on his face. Still, it was a mystery as to how I ended up being friends with a guy like him, although he is my only friend.

"So when are your parents going to start the killing spree or search as you guys call it? Isn't it near the ending of the month already?" He asked, as my eyes flew wide open.

Oh shit. They were probably planning my funeral right now and  way to cover up how I died if I miss this meeting.

"I think they want me to come on my own this time, because they made it absolutely clear what will happen to me if I don't show up." I ran my hands through my hair  as I looked at the cloud filled sky.

"Well you either make Zian let you go or you get rid of him. Now enough talking about this, I'm hungry," he said, as he began running ahead of me.

Rolling my eyes, I casually strolled after him. There was no way I was going to run behind him because it would eventually turn into a chase.

We made it to a little bakery called Yummy Yum Yums, which was brightly decorated and children themed. All those bright colours was going to make me go blind.

Eugene was having a hard time deciding at the counter while I was seated at one of the little tables. He knew that I didn't really like sweet things, so I expected him to know what to choose for me.

It wasn't long before he came back with three paper bags and two drinks. He placed one of the paper bags in front of me and the water bottle.

"You always have different preferences according to your mood, so I got you a plain cupcake," he said as he took a bite out of his chocolate cake.

A small smile appeared on my face at how sloppy he was eating. Icing was all over his nose and cheeks and he just stuck his tongue out at me when I told him so.

When I was done eating my cupcake, Eugene had moved on to devour a slice of marble cake after finishing his sponge cake. That boy really had a sweet tooth.

"Don't tell me you're going to drink that soda after," I said, as I eyed the kola champagne flavoured drink beside him. There was no way I could drink something that sweet after eating three slices of cake.

"Well duh," he said, after swallowing his food. "If I drink it first, the cake won't taste sweet so I'll drink it after."

I shook my head as I waited for him to finish up so that we could go elsewhere. Knowing that Zian wouldn't let me leave him and that the day was approaching, there was no way I was going back to them.

I didn't have to tell Alexander anything because she should know what I was planning when she called Eugene. As for Zian, I knew that he had people spying on me since there was no way he would just let me out freely.

All I need to do is figure out a way to get them off my trail and quickly. The more time I wasted, the more painful would be the punishment.