Chapter Twelve

Alexandria's Pov

I was busily chopping up carrots in the kitchen while making as much noise as I possibly could. Just in a bad mood on my second day here and I wanted to cause trouble.

Ethan came rushing into the kitchen with Zian on his tail but they stopped when they saw that it was only me.

"What are you trying to do? Murder the already dead carrot?" Ethan asked while rushing towards me to try and get the knife out of my hands.

"You better back up pretty boy or I just might end up chopping you instead," I said while pointing the sharp knife at his chest as his eyes flew open.

His hands shot up as he began backing away. "Deal with your woman Zian because I don't think she is playing around." With that, he run out of the room.

"Do you want to replace the carrot?" I asked Zian as he took slow steps towards me, his eyes never leaving the knife in my hand.

"Just put the knife away Alexandria. I don't want you hurting yourself," he said, causing me to burst out laughing. Looking down at my chopped carrot, there was nothing left to cut so I put the knife away.

Gathering up my carrots, I walked past Zian and brushed his shoulder before stopping in the archway.

"For your information, I am very skilled when it comes to handling a knife so I am sure I won't hurt myself," I said, as I plopped piece of the carrot in my mouth and left the kitchen not bothering to wait for his response.

Ethan and Liam were both seated on the couch watching some kind of action movie which seemed uninteresting to me, while Alexander was rolling around like a cat on the carpet.

"Carrot Alex," I called out before throwing a piece at her which she easily caught in her mouth. The boys looked between us and then back at each other without saying a word although they wanted to.

Finishing up the rest of my carrots, I got on the floor and rolled over to her as we stared up at the ceiling in silence. Nothing needed to be said to understand that we had both forgiven each other for what happened yesterday. That was how we apologized to one another.

"So you were both trying to kill each other yesterday and today you're back to being friends like nothing happened?" Liam asked, obviously confused by our actions.

Alexander and I laughed together before we both responded in sync. "Yeah, that's none of your business."

Getting up, I stretched my hand out to her which she took as I pulled her up. We began heading for the door but we were stopped by a buff looking man with a buzz cut standing near the door, who looked like he was ready to take any man down.

But we were definitely not men and I'm sure he's not prepared for what we have for him.

"Where do you girls think that you are going?" He asked in a rough tone as his huge form blocked the door. Not wanting to do anything too crazy at the moment, I stepped back and dragged Alexander with me, not wanting her to open her mouth.

"Zian!" I yelled loudly. "Get your ass here right now!" I know I was being rude but he was the one who kidnapped me without knowing anything about him. So basically, he dragged me in here and I brought extra baggage.

It wasn't long before an angry Zian came storming into the room and glared at me. "Don't you dare disrespect me in my house or I will have to let you know who's in charge." His voice was harsh and his blue eyes were cold.

Liking this side of him, I couldn't help the smile that danced onto my face as I stared at him. He was much hotter when he was meaner and I would love to be the reason to bring this side of him out more often.

"Ooh, a dog can bark after all," I said, as I made my way over to him. "And here I was getting bored of your old self but I like this you much better."

Alexander was smirking as she winked at me which made me remember the reason as to why I called him.

"Now Mr. Black, we have a lot to talk about starting with why you brought me here and what am I supposed to do? Also, I hope you know that you have around a month or so before my family comes after you, so you better start talking fast if you want my protection."

Alexander bounced over to where I was standing and rested her head on my shoulder as Liam, Ethan and Mason went on Zian's side.

Looks like things might get nasty here.