Just Family

Thank you for the read, comments, and votes! 🤸‍♂

About five more chapters!!!! 😭😭😭

———————

"I can't believe you're pregnant. And twins? Wow! I don't know if I'm excited. Or pissed. Or both!" Allen exclaims. "And I thought I'd be the one to impregnate a girl by accident." He scoffs.

"Shut up, Uncle Allen." I mutter.

Allen looks at me with scrunched brows and a smirk. "Uncle Allen. Hmmm." We both laugh.

Allen's phone buzzes. 

"Skype from the parentals" he announces. This will be good. NOT!

"Hi Honey," my Dad says the first word. My Mom sitting next to him, smiling, but I can see it in her eyes - disappointment.

"I'm sorry for being such a disappointment." There I said it, without skirting the issue.

"What are you saying dear?" My Dad asks.

"Dad, because I am pregnant at 25, with someone whom I met just months ago and I am unmarried!" I say it loud, to remind everyone. "You know, we all thought this will happen to Allen, but, surprise!" I chuckle. "It happened to me." I scoff. Fuck. What have I done?

Allen nudges me. He's trying to stop himself from laughing. "I guess, you're a bigger disappointment then, you win, drama queen!" He laughs about it. My Dad and Mom joined him. I have a crazy family.

"Honey," my Mom speaks. "You are definitely not a disappointment. We were surprised, though. But you know, a baby is a blessing!" She sounds excited. "You having two, is double the blessing!  Forget about what people will say." She reminds me.

"Yeah, fuck them." Allen pipes in.

"Language!" My Dad interjects.

"Technically, we've known Harry long before you met him. So he really is no stranger." My Mom further explains. Both Allen and I snicker. My Mom really did change in the past years. Being sick mellowed her down, in a good way though. It changed her perspective in life. If this happened years back, I would not have heard the end of it.

"Lexie dear," my Dad speaks. "Remember there are no accidents. Everything happens for a reason." And whatever reason that is, I have yet to know. "Have you already told Harry about this?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Not yet. But i will. But, I uhm. No marriage talk. Definitely." I say with conviction.

"Why?" My Mom asks, her tone a tad higher. Her old self back.

"Mom, I barely know him." I whine.

"And yet, you got pregnant." She mutters. Allen nudges me again, while he silently laughs, he bows down out of camera range so our parents wont see him.

"Helen," my Dad interrups her. "Honey," he looks at me on the screen. "Talk to him. Ask him what he wants to do. But regardless, you know we will take care of everything, even if he doesn't want anything to do with these babies, worse case scenario." My Dad says as a matter of fact. He speaks calmly.

I nod. I get what my Dad is saying. And I love him for that.

"Thanks Dad." I smile and give him a flying kiss. I'm happy I have a family that saves me, no matter what shit I get into. "You know Harry is not exactly a regular lad." I go on explaining my situation with Harry. Like I need to defend him from what they are thinking. "He is a brand, a commodity of sorts. His actions are limited to what his contracts say." I sigh. My eyes roll. "And I respect that. Issues like this is a very serious cause for concern not just for him but for his entire management, too." I say lengthily. Me lawyering for whatever decision he will make. "But yes, Dad, I will talk to him."

"And Let me know if that sonofabitch backs out from his responsibility. I don't give a fuck if he's goddamned famous or what." My Mom bursts out.

"Mom!" Allen and I say the same time.

"Language!" Dad, Allen and I say together. We all burst into laughter. That's my Mom. A fiesty one. Very opposite my Dad, who's always calm and logical.

One thing I love about my family is that we support each other no matter what. We communicate well and we bond through a lot of laughs together. Somehow that softens the impact of life.

Before we ended the call, I made them promise not to tell anyone yet, until I sort it out with Harry first. I don't want this to be just blurted out by soneone other than me. It will be something exclusive to the four of us for now. Just family.

Harry needs to know first. Not that I need anything from him, at least not financially though. Because I definitely could raise my kids on my own. But I can't erase the fact that they are half his, too. That is what I would want to know from him. How he would be a dad for them. That is, If he even wants to be one, in the first place.