Just Harry

It's 11:11 pm. I'm curled up in bed with thoughts that won't let me sleep. I wonder how Josh is. It's been two weeks since he decided that we go from being best friends to strangers. Story of our life, so far.

My days had been busy, as I fulfill my turnover of responsibilities in the office, but every single time Josh invades my thoughts, I feel like someone punched me in the stomach. My cheeks swells and tears fall like a switch has been flicked.

I stirred up a storm, and now I'm drowning in the flood. Stop the drama, Alex. I remind myself. This is all your fault. None of this would have happened if... In my defense, I did try to reach out to him, through all possible means I could think of, but he is elusive. He is unforgiving. Maybe because I might have hurt him that bad. No, not maybe. Definitely. I hate falling asleep like this. It's been two freaking weeks and I am still the unforgiven.

----

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Such a cliche.

Dressed in an oversized shirt, sweat shorts, hair up in a messy bun, and eye glasses on. Yep, I'm so ready to pack my things and move on to a new life, literally and figuratively.

I initially wanted Josh to live here in the apartment after I leave, until the lease expires, but he has gone AWOL since. I have asked Molly instead. She did willingly obliged since she's sharing an apartment with 4 other people. All I asked is that she keeps it clean and not let strangers stay. I don't like the idea of other people using my stuff. Furniture will have to stay. I'm only bringing my clothes, shoes, gadgets, and some stuff. I'm not too excited to pack. For one, I know my allergies will act up as soon as enough dust accumulate in my nostrils. But what the heck, I will just have to do it.

Two boxes after, my eyes are all watery and I have a nagging headache headache from too much sneezing. My eyes are all red by now. Argh! I hate it when my allergies act up. I slump into my couch with my feet up. Where's a friend when you need one? As if on cue, I hear my phone buzz. It's a message from Harry.

Harry: Hey, you at home?

Me: Yes home. Home here at NY.

Harry: Oh.

Me: Oh what?

Harry: Nothing.

Me: What?!

This boy is crazy! I smile at the screen waiting for a reply.

My phone rings instead. It's Harry. I excitedly swipe the screen and squeeked a high pitched "hello?"

My eyes widen at what he just said. He says he's about to go up my floor. What the fuck? What is he doing here? I'm not prepared! Just as I am in a state of shock and panic, I see him in my monitor, by the door waving at the camera. Why does it have to be like this? When I am all dirty and allergy ridden.

Harry had the biggest smile as I open the door. "Hi love," he says in that lovely drawl. My skin bursts into goosebumps. Only Harry can pull off a hot look even with seemingly unkempt hair and with just plain white shirt and jeans.

"You should have called in advance, look at me, I'm a mess!" I say as I sniff and wipe my nose with the the back of my hand. I probably looked pathetic with red nose and red eyes to match.

He smirks. "You actually look cute," as he leans over to kiss my forehead. That is enough to send me to someplace else. "You packing? I'll help," he smiles as he grabs my shoulder and drags me to the living room.

Surprisingly, Harry's an efficient little helper. He must have done this a million times. To live on the go has been his life. Mostly exciting, a bit saddening, probably.

In between folding clothes, labelling boxes, and bubble wrapping, Harry and I shared stories of our lives. His eyes light up whenever he talks about his family, something that he cherishes the most, I surmise. I get that he lives a pretty simple life, outside the limelight. He just brushes off the perils of being a celebrity, a testament to how well grounded he is.

The perks of having a Harry around to help you is not just the fact that you can mentally drool in his presence, but you get to have a front row seat on how sweet he is in person. Well more like, be part of the movie that is Harry.

Harry kisses my face for every box that is packed. With each kiss lingering more than the next. Three boxes done - a kiss on the left cheek, the right one, and now on my chin. Oh my! Can we just rush to the fourth one. Be still my heart, I mentally slap myself. I distract myself by being busy. I can see a smirk from him, from the corner of my eye. He is such a tease!

"You ok, love?" His breathe fanning my face as our faces are about just inches apart. "We're done with the fourth box." Holy. I feel warmth from my cheeks. He chuckles.

I give out a sigh. I'm not even aware I was holding my breathe. I laughed softly, to ward of the nerves. "So let's move on to the next?" I say with one eyebrow raised, as I pulled away from him.

"Yeah," he smiles and I see naughtiness in his eyes. "You're next," and he puts his hand by my nape and gently prods my head towards him. He presses his lips softly on mine and I can feel him smiling after. "I missed this," he whispers on my lips. My heart beats faster and tingling with euphoria. This is me, with just Harry. No one else, in the room, and in my mind.