One Direction Who?

One Direction. A boy band I see and read about, from here and there, but nothing really interested me enough to get to know them better. Although I'm reminded of them everyday, because I see their "fetus" selves (a word I get to learn after) plastered on a Colgate plastic bottle forever perched on our bathroom shelf, long expired probably, but no one bothered to throw away.

I couldn't careless about their music. Sure I have heard them once in awhile. But they are definitely not the Beatles, not Oasis, or not even the 1975. I thought their music was bubblegum pop. Fluffy, catchy, but without depth. Can they even sing, really?

I was oblivious to their fame. I don't know how popular they were - Twitter followers, # mentions count, YouTube Views - these were unknown to me. I just know they are British (sorry Niall, I only get to know later that you are Irish) and that they were part of the X-Factor tv show. But interestingly enough, I remember one member, the one with a dimple and a bird nest of a hair, Harry. He just stood out. So for me, One Direction was Harry and the rest was "Not Harry".

One Direction who? I cannot be identified as someone admiring them.

Not cool.

Then life happened.