Digging Up the Past

What has just transpired? That is probably the most stressful lunch I have ever been on. Harry however seems to take all of it lightly because he never lost his cool and just kept on being himself, with a tad of cockiness, which probably pissed Josh even more.

I felt a bit sad that Harry had to leave after lunch.  He had to meet someone and promises to be back later. He promised a "dinner date", that, being a home cooked meal in his place. We agreed to do that instead, knowing we may get papped and we both don't want any complications. We are not anything so any unnecessary attention is therefore not welcome.

As soon as Harry left I went to find Josh. Despite his annoying behavior earlier, I am still excited to give the twinning phone I bought that matches mine.

"Hey you," I say as I knock on his partially opened bedroom door. The guestroom across mine is his designated place everytime he visits. I see him lying on the bed with his back by the head board. He's flipping channels.

"So did Hairy leave?" He smirks.

"Hairy?" I asked with one brow raised. "What are you, five?"  We both snicker.

"Well he is hairy. Just saying." His eyes crinkles and as he is amused by his own corny joke.

"I have a surprise for you!" I wiggle my brows. Still standing by the door.

"Wait, if that is a prank, please spare me. I am already pissed enough seeing Hairy all over you." He shakes his head and throws the remote on the bed for dramatic purposes perhaps.

"Oh stop being a jerk Joshua!  Give me a sec," and I run out of the room and came back with a giftwrapped box. I walk towards the bed to hand him the gift. I prop myself beside him, "mind you, that is my birthday and Christmas gift combined for the next 30 years!"

He carefully tears the wrapper and his eyes light up as he sees the familiar white box. "Alex! This is too much! I don't know what to say?"

"Thank you would be nice." I nudge him.

"Of course! Thanks!" He envelopes me in a tight embrace. "I always wanted one but my plan is yet to expire.I wonder why you surprised me with this, knowing how thrifty you are. You must have been possessed or something!"

Yeah, I thought. Harry! Images of our hotel encounter flashes back. Possessed is accurate as fuck.

"Thanks again and sorry for making you feel bad by being a jerk to Hair...Harry.  I only have your well being in mind."  He sighs.
"Do you really like him, Alex," He asks and turns his head towards me.

My brows furrow as I stare on the patterns of bed sheet. "Uhm yeah, obviously. Why do you ask?"

"He is a celebrity, you know how their world works." He sighs.

I interrupt him because I am pretty sure what he is going to say next. "You don't want me to get hurt right? Don't worry about me Josh, I can take care if myself. As cliche as it may sound, I'm a fuckin grown up, I know what I'm getting into."

He chuckles as he sits up. "I'm gonna kill him if he breaks your heart." And like the cave man that he is, he cracks his knuckles for effect.

"Yeah me too," Allen pipes in. "Tell Harry he has to deal with both of us."

"Have you been eavesdropping Allen!" I stand up and cross my arms. "You two should leave Hairy alone." I snort. "Seriously, I can take care of myself." I think!  I thought to myself.

Allen laughs even more. "Yeah like how you did with Earl?"

"Or with Dwight!" Josh joins the laughter. Oh these two boys are in a tag team.