What is Embarrassment?

Oh Em Gee!!!! I cannot believe the number of reads this has!!!!  Super thankful for everyone who reads this, even I know I have not written in months!!!! To say that I am busy is a such lame excuse but so true 😭😭😭

Again, you just don't know how happy I am with all the reads, likes, and esp the comments! 🚀 thanks for asking me to write more! 😍

And Harry! Isn't he so gorg!!! Hearing live renditions of two ghosts and sweet creature makes me teary eyed! What's your fave song from his new album?

Anyway, thanks for asking me to complete the story. Here's a new chapter, albeit short! Sowee!!! I hope I can write later for a double update loves!!!!

Thanks everyone!  💜

---------

My mom knows Harry? Interesting.

"How are you," my mom is all smiles walking towards Harry as she gives him a welcoming hug. I turn towards  Allen, both of us exchanging wtf looks.

"I'm good," Harry replies as my Mom smothers him. I look at Harry to search for an explanation but he seems to be evading me.

"Lexie, honey, I didn't know you knew Harry!" My Mom's arms latches on his.

How close are they? And why din't I know his?

My brows furrow in confusion. "Uh yeah, we met in LA, through Mark, my boss, remember?" I walk towards Allen, distancing myself from Harry. It feels a bit awkward.

"Alex is our consultant, she's building our online business for a product we are launching, with my friend," Harry shoots a glance at me. "She's been great, actually," he smiles at me. "I didn't know she is your daughter though."

Define great Harold! Great where? I bite both my lips to stifle laughing from my own joke.

"She's the best," my Dad taps my shoulders, his face obviously beaming with pride. He goes to shake Harry's hand. Then out of nowhere, he says, "are you the same Harry that sent her flowers and chocolates?" No chill Dad. Thanks for making this extra awkward.

Harry's face flushes and he smiles nervously. I didn't even think this is possible. He's Harry!

"Uhm, yes, Sir, I did," he clears his throat. "I, uh, learned from Allen here that Alex loves stargazers."

"So you met our twins," Mom seems delighted. And clueless! "Come let's all sit and eat lunch," my Mom leads the way back to the table.

Interrogation will commence, my mind warns me.

Pleasantries are exchanged between Mom and Harry. It turned out she knew Robin, Harry's stepdad, from wayback. I also learned that they have taken vacations together, with Harry around in some of them. Why did I miss this?

"So Harry, how's," she pauses and looks straight at Harry. "You know,"  she smiles. Harry glances at me and grips my left hand under the table. I panic a little, I think I might not like where this conversation is going. He flashes his bedimpled smile at my Mom.

"If you meant, uhm," Harry clears his throat. "We're no longer together," Harry intertwines his fingers in mine. Mom gets a surprised look on her face. Like who is this bitch they are talking about?

"Weren't you engaged?" Mom's word literally caused me to choke. The soup nearly went out of my nostrils. James was kind enough to be attentive and hands me a napkin.

"Excuse me," is all I could say for now as I push my chair away from the table. Harry holds my hand more tightly. "My phone is buzzing, I need to get this," is my lame excuse to get out of this conversation. I stand up to walk away. Everyone's eyes are on me, while I realize that Harry is still holding my hand, in full view of everyone.

What is embarrassment?