Chapter two: Surprise

Gemma's POV- the next day

I got home today around 5:30. I peeked inside the kitchen to see if my mom was still home. But no one was there but me. I shrugged.( I'm hungry. Wonder what we have in the fridge.) I turned around to face the fridge and there I spotted my mom's note.

"Dear Gemma, 

My boss made me come in today to replace a co-worker that was sick. I'll be home at 7:30. If you get hungry there's snacks in the pantry and $20 on the counter, so you can order pizza. Call me if anything happens. I love you, Mom."

" Hmm,ok." I opened the pantry and took out a bag of Scooby-Doo fruit snacks. ( What? I still like those even though I'm 16. Don't judge me.) I plopped down on the couch and turned on some tv. Five minutes into some ditzy teen sitcom and I already felt my IQ points dropping. I turned it off and headed upstairs to take a shower. It was already 5:45 and if I didn't take a shower soon I'll be late for my date with Ben at 7:00. We're celebrating our eighth month anniversary . He's taking me to dinner and a movie. He also said he has a special surprise for me. ( Wonder what that boy is up to now? Hmm...I'll find out later.)

I sprinted up the stairs to my bathroom. I changed out of my shirt and jeans and was left in my invader zim tank top and my blue short shorts. I looked into the mirror and saw my reflection. I saw a girl with short wavy auburn hair with golden tints, almond shaped gray eyes, petite nose, full lips, and rosy cheeks on sun-kissed skin. She's average height and medium build. Her mouth was a small shy smile and excited eyes.

I turn away and walk to get my clothes from my room. I grabbed them, carefully, so that they won't wrinkle, and was about to head back to the bathroom when I heard something. I heard my closet door rattle. ( Hmm, is it the wind?) I glance at ,my room and see that both my window and door are closed shut. ( Weird...maybe I should check it out.) I head towards the closet doors and open them. I see a bunch of my clothes jammed together, and small boxes on a shelf. I look down an see a few hangers on the floor. ( Oh, so that's why the closet rattled. The hangers must've fallen and hit against it. Silly me.) I pick them up and put them back in place and forget to close the closet.

I grab my clothes and gently put them on the counter. ( Oh, oops! Forgot my towel.) I go back and start searching for a towel. I spot it on my dresser hanging on the mirror. I glimpse into the mirror and see a face in the closet. I gasp and whirl around. The face has disappeared. I turn my head back and forth between my mirror and the closet. The face doesn't reappear.

( God, I'm going crazy. Seeing things...but I swear I just saw a face...I'm probably just dehydrated. Yeah, dehydrated.) I enter the bathroom and close the door behind me. I open the shower curtain to turn on the water and," AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!" Inside I see some stranger in my shower, with his hood on so I cant see him very well. All I see are his nose, mouth and chin.

His lips part to say in a husky voice, "Hey there Gemma."

"H-h-how do you know my name?" I say shakily.

His lips form a cold smile. He steps out of the shower and says, " Oh, I know you very well Gemma. Better than you think."

" Oh, r-really? Well I don't remember you that well."

He gave a slight chuckle. " Figures...I thought you wouldn't. You tend to block out unpleasant things, don't you?"

" Umm, I suppose." I have to back up, cause with every word he takes a step closer to me.

"Well, guess you'll remember soon enough." Step, step. He's only 2 feet away. I back up 3 steps.

" I will? How do you intend to remind me?"

" You will. But not right now. Later. First, I have to take you somewhere." Step, step, step. One and a half feet away.

" You do?"

" Yes."

" Where exactly are you taking me?" I back up four steps.

" Just somewhere. It's unimportant." Step, step ,step, step. One foot away.

" Oh, I see. So, what makes you think I'll go with you?" I back up a step.

" I was hoping you would trust me, and go willingly." Step, step. 11 inches. I back up three steps.

" Oh, well you can stop hoping. Cause how can I trust someone who won't even show me their face?"

He chuckled. " So, you wanna do this the hard way?" 8 inches away.

" I guess so." I try to back up but I can't. I'm pressed up against the door. I place my hand on the doorknob.

" Look, gemma. I don't want to hurt you."

I gave a weak laugh. " Well, sorry but there's no way I'm going anywhere with you."

He sighed. " So damn stubborn"

" Guess you do know me...let's see if you remember anything else."

I grab the hair-dryer from the counter and throw it at him. He dodges and I then out to the window in my room. I try opening but the damn thing won't open. Then he grabs me from behind. I struggle trying to loosen his grip and just elbow him in the stomach. " Ooof." he lets go. I run down the hallway, then stop at the top of the stairs. Trying to think if it's better to go downstairs or jump out my mom's window into the pool. But before I can have five seconds to think he tackles me.

We fall down the stairs just rolling and rolling till we reach the bottom. ( Oww.) I sit up and see him lying a few feet away. I get up and try running for the back door. He runs and tackles me to the floor again. We roll around fighting. Both of us throwing our fists and dodging the other's attacks. Finally I knee him in the groin. He rolls off and curls up in a fetal position. I hear him mutter "bitch" I don't care. I sprint towards the front door. Hoping I could get there fast enough to reach my neighbors, then contact the police.

I reach for the doorknob but his arm ensnares around my waist. He covers my mouth with some strange smelling cloth. I elbow him, pinch, stomp on his foot, but nothing works. he's not letting go this time. Then I begin to feel weird. My movements slow down. My body feels like lead.

( I...I...feel...dizzy.)

I see black dots dance before my eyes. I feel confused and light headed. Like I've been turned to rubber.

He whispers in my ear, " So stubborn. We could have done this the easy way. Now you're gonna have to suffer."

( Ugh, what have you done to me? You're lucky I can't move. Otherwise...otherwise...)

My eyelids begin to feel heavy. They droop further and further. I sway in his arms. Soon he has to support my weight to keep me from falling. The weird smell fills my entire body. The last thing I think is, ( You bastard.)

Then I go under.