Immediate Hugger Connection ~ Bayley

I twiddled the piece of paper around in my hand, unable to wipe the huge smile off of my face. The day had come around far too quickly for me to even begin to prepare myself for what was to come. After four years the time had finally come. 

I was going to meet Bayley. 

It was a bit of a trek to get to where the signing was, my house was a little far out from the main city, which resulted in an anxious morning of buses and taxis to get through to the small merchandise store our city played host to. 

My ticket was earned after completing a competition in the local newspaper for an all access chance to spend time with Bayley. Now, I didn't want to say I was an obsessive fan, but let's just say that I didn't get a question wrong. 

Was it a bit too childish for me? Most likely. But I wasn't going to pass up the chance to meet my idol, not even for the small kids who surrounded me as I walked up to the store door, pushing it open to see two huge men dressed all in black. "Morning," I smiled, faking my brightest of smiles. 

"Hello!" I looked up after passing the burly figures to see a woman dressed in a pencil skirt and white blouse approach me. "Are you here for the signing?"

"I most definitely am." She smiled over at me, looking down at the ticket in my hand. "Sorry," I murmured handing it over to her. She raised it up to under her eyes, reading through all the information. 

"Well it's lovely to meet you Tom, you're actually the first person here." I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, if I didn't seem eager before I certainly was now. "Don't worry at least hopefully now you'll pass through without all the children ruining your experience."

"That would be nice." She span on her six inch heels, walking down to a little passage way, beckoning me to join her with her finger. I didn't hesitate, dropping back just a metre so I wasn't right on her coat tails. 

"Has anyone informed you of what will be happening today?" She queried, quickly looking back at me to make sure I was still there. 

"Not really, I've just read what was in the paper." She nodded, looking down at her clipboard for a little bit of guidance. 

"I won't ruin the whole surprise for you, but you'll get a photo opportunity, a top, which she will sign, and you can sit down and speak to her and ask any questions you like." The day couldn't have sounded any better, I already had five Bayley tops, but another one wouldn't hurt. 

"I can't wait." The walk down the corridor felt almost as long as it did travelling, I didn't realise how big the store actually was. There was merchandise hung all around the corridor of superstars who'd visited the store. Stone Cold. Daniel Bryan. Triple H. 

"We're nearly here now," she said, pushing the door at the end of the walkway open to reveal a huge room decorated only with a full size wrestling ring in the middle. "If you want to stand in the middle of the ring, then you'll be directed from there."

"Thank you." I did as she said, walked straight up into the ring and stood as close to the middle as possible. There I saw several big lens cameras positioned in front of the ring making me feel incredibly uncomfortable. I expected someone to walk through one of the other doors but there was nothing anywhere. 

My heart rate was quickening up, my anxiety beginning to build just as I heard a rustling noise from behind. I didn't want to look around in case it was something I shouldn't be seeing, or I'd just been taken to the wrong room altogether. 

"Boo!" Two hands clasped around my arms, a head peering round on my left hand side, the distinctive ponytail swinging round with it. 

"Oh my gosh!" She walked around so she was stood in front of me, as I quickly realised all the cameras in front of me were now setting off and flashing. 

"Sorry," she whispered with a slight giggle, "just a little something I like to do for the fans." I smiled, regaining my composure. "I'm Bayley," she told me like I didn't already know, stretching her hand out to shake. 

"Tom," I replied, shaking her hand. "It's such an honour to meet you."

"Oh no, the pleasure is all mine, I love meeting the fans." She was far more beautiful in real life than the television depicted, her eyes were a couple of shades darker, her jawline a lot more defined. "Shall we take a seat then you can ask me any questions you may have."

"Yes." Her eyes traced me all the way until I was sat in the director's style chair. "I don't really have many questions to be honest, I never really know what to say, my questions are pretty boring and I bet you've heard them countless times."

"Go ahead anyway, you never know, you might surprise me." The night before I'd written a long list of questions that I could possibly ask, although now reflecting back upon that I realise barely any of them would be acceptable or make me look cool. 

"I just wanted to know how daily life is for you, any things that you guys get up to that the cameras or fans don't see." She nodded back at me. 

"To be honest wrestling is pretty much what you see, we travel, do some media, wrestle and then we repeat the cycle. There aren't exactly many things that you guys don't see with the power of social media these days." I was hoping for a juicy secret I could rub in my friends faces but that would do. 

"So what do you do?" She asked with intrigue. 

"I just do a bit of wrestling, studying, research, I've not really found my calling just yet." I sounded so basic, why couldn't I, just for once, have an incredible story that would knock her socks off. 

"You'll find it." There was a brief pause between us both as we looked down at the ground. "Shall we take a photo now and then I can grab you a shirt?"

"Sure." We both stood up and turned to the cameras, wrapping an arm around each other. "Make sure you've got that thumb up," I teased, watching as she did so, offering the camera my widest smile possible. 

"Perfect," Bayley whispered once the flash had gone, walking over to a cardboard box that was in the ring with us. "I actually have a question for you if that's alright." She rested the fabric on her knee taking the black marker pen. 

"Yeah of course." I couldn't quite work out what she was writing as I viewed it upside down.

"Do you think I could have your number? We don't get long enough during these meets sometimes, and someone like you I'd love to get to know further."

"Y...yeah, that would be great." She grabbed her phone out of her back pocket, handing it to me whilst she folded my shirt back up. "I'll just save my name as Tom," I told her, typing my number in. 

"Awesome," she responded, taking her phone back from me, offering me a quick hug as the next group were waiting behind the door. "I'll speak to you very soon."

"I look forward to it," I smiled, reluctantly letting go and walking through the door the other side of the ring, giving myself a pat on the back.