With This Ring ~ Finn Balor

The morning sun slowly flashed onto my eyes through the small gap in the curtains, waking me up for yet another day.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, stretching out and turning over to see Finn's side of the bed was empty. I sighed, throwing the duvet off of me, grabbing a blanket to wrap around me, walking out to look for him around the house. "Finn?" I called out, checking in every room, his figure nowhere at all.

I walked into the kitchen, grabbing the cereal box, seeing a piece of lined paper slipped under the toaster. "Sorry I left so early, it's just I wanted to make date night special tonight. I've set up the perfect date for us both, come down to the river at twelve and see for yourself." I read the letter out, folding it up and slipping it into my pockets.

It was ten now, leaving me two hours to get ready for the date. I placed the box back, two hours never being enough to make myself look good enough to match Finn.

I ran up the stairs, pulling out one of my play suits, changing into it after I showered, settling on a nude makeup set, and plaiting my dark brown hair.

Luckily for me he'd left the car, ten minutes to go, the perfect time to reach the park just in time.

I pulled up in the car park, making sure I locked the car, walking down the little nature trail to see a tartan blanket laid on the ground, Finn sat staring out at the water, a wicker basket by his side.

"Finn," I called out watching his head snap around to look at me.

"Hey," he smiled, rising to his feet, walking over to meet me on the final part of the walk. "Sorry I missed you this morning." His arms snaked around my waist, cuddling me close to him.

"It's alright, this all looks amazing." He pulled away from me, intertwining our hands, walking me over to sit down on the blanket.

"You look gorgeous by the way," he whispered, sitting down on the blanket too.

"Thank you." Even now I couldn't help but blush every time he complimented me with that adorable accent. He made everything sound so sweet and effortless, sending me crazy on the inside.

"So, I've packed a few picnic foods, with my mum's help of course, so help yourself." He lifted the lid up picking out several items, strawberries, sandwiches, chocolate bites, crisps, everything I loved.

"Your mum certainly knows what's good," I told him, picking up a strawberry and popping it into my mouth, biting it off the stem.

"That wasn't supposed to be how it goes Jordyn," he groaned, shaking his head at me with a smile.

"What?" I asked, struggling to see what the problem was.

"We were meant to feed them to each other, you know like they do in the movies." I offered him a hapless grin, always knowing how to ruin the moment.

"Sorry," I grinned, swallowing the strawberry, picking up another one. "Here." He opened his mouth wide, biting down on the strawberry just before the stem. "See, who said romance was dead."

"Your turn, again." He grabbed the biggest one of them all, reaching forwards across the basket to place the fruit in my mouth. I bit down, taking it from the stem, licking my lips as a small drop of juice ran down my chin.

"You're a mess," Finn remarked, picking out a napkin from the basket, wiping the red mark away.

The two of us sat for a while, enjoying the food his mum had so smartly picked out, laughing at the simplest of things in the most peaceful of places. "You know, it must be a good two years since we last came here."

"Probably, just before I got going properly with NXT was when I remember our last time down here." It was still just as tranquil as I remembered, the light crashing of the waves enough to calm even the most stressful of situations.

"I'm gonna go explore." I stood up from the blanket, stepping along the rocky path, swinging around in between the trees, noticing little engravings on a few.

I studied a few of them a bit closer, noticing one with a proposal written on it. "Finn, look how cute this is. Some guy proposed to his girlfriend by carving it in the tree."

I was met with silence, spinning around to look for him back at the blanket, only for him not to be there. I carried on looking, finally catching his figure, kneeling down in front of me with a sparkling diamond ring.

My hands clasped around my wide open mouth in shock, not knowing what to say or do.

"Jordyn," he began, his voice incredibly shaky. "I love you so much, and if these past few years have shown me anything, it's that I'm the luckiest man in the world. You always support me and cheer me on, boost me when I'm at my lowest and encourage me when I'm at my highest. I love you so much, so, will you marry me?"

"Of course I will." He took my hand in his quivering one, sliding the ring onto my finger. I laced both my hands in his, pulling him back up to his feet, wrapping my arms straight round his neck. "I love you so much," I whispered, pecking his cheek several times. "You couldn't have picked a better spot, I can't believe you did all this for me."

"Of course I did, I wasn't just going to propose, I had to make it special." I stepped forwards, sweetly kissing his lips.

"Thank you, for everything," I smiled, beginning our walk back over to the blanket.

"You never have to thank me, you deserve the whole world and more." I pecked his lips one last time, sitting back down, only this time I moved the basket to the side, resting my smaller frame in his bigger one. "I got us a little something to celebrate too."

He reached across into the basket, pulling out a bottle of champagne and two plastic glasses. "You can't have a picnic without the plastic drinks cups," he joked, briefly unwrapping his arm from around me to pop the cork, pouring two glasses out, handing me one.

"To the future," I toasted clinking my glass to his, our legs tangling together as we sat and stared out at our favourite place in the world, sipping our drinks, and enjoying the view.