Seth Rollins x Dean Ambrose for blackviperstrike

Narrator's POV

Life on the road was always tough, but life off the road was even tougher. The constant pain and heartache an injury caused could not be understood by just anyone, it took the passionate and dedicated wrestlers to truly understand what it meant to be 'off the road.'

Take Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, Dean's been travelling for weeks with an empty seat in his car beside him, spending the hours of small talk talking to himself, waiting to hear the light snores of his partner when he got too tired, but instead there was nothing.

Meanwhile, Seth sat at home with his knee wrapped in numerous ice packs, constantly looking hopefully at the front door in the hope it would open, or at least someone would pop in to say 'hello.'

Whilst Dean spent all his time on tour, what he didn't know was Seth was back at home healing, slowly fixing all the little niggles that aggravated his long term injury. Seth had made it his number one priority to get back on the road when tour hit Cincinnati, and to carry on through to the South American tour, completely unbeknownst to Dean.

As more crosses were marked on the calendar and the days were counted down, Seth made his last minute preparations to make sure everything was perfect to greet Dean again. He managed to load it all into his car, just, before hitting the fourteen hour journey across the country to his boyfriend's hometown.

Behind the scenes there was a huge buzz on Dean's behalf for the reunion of two of the most popular boys on the roster. No one knew how they managed to hide it from Dean, after listening to his constant moans about how much he missed Seth, and wanted that extra seat he thought he liked to be filled.

As Dean walked down the ramp to face Baron Corbin, Randy and Luke snuck Seth backstage helping him with all his belongings to set everything up swiftly in their twenty minute time slot. Seth tore open the cardboard box, pulling out many blue balloons and a pump. Randy was in charge of the banner going across the room, and Luke was busy laying out the photo collage. Perfection. The only thing Seth ever wanted for Dean.

Randy and Luke scampered as soon as they caught wind that the match had finished, turning the light off behind them just to add to the surprise. Seth sat at the back of the locker room, trying to keep his excitement levels down to see Dean.

Dean was walking down the corridor, undoing the straps around his wrists and wiping away the sweat. He tugged at the black material that was stuck to his chest, loosening it off. He sighed knowing he still had the long journey to take, opening up the door and turning the light on. He didn't even look over at his surroundings, just went over to his bag, only to catch sight of a couple of the flags. He slowly turned and saw everything fall into place. "Surprise!" Seth shouted, hobbling straight over to Dean.

The two boys held each other tighter then they ever had before, squeezing each other to make sure they weren't dreaming. "I missed you so much baby," Dean whispered into Seth's ear, tugging at the ends of his jet black hair, feeling his arms and cupping his cheek. Dean looked up at Seth taking a deep breath, before leaning in and kissing Seth softly. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm cleared, I'm ready to get back on the road." Dean gasped in complete shock, taking a couple of steps back. Seth chuckled at the huge smile on Dean's face, grabbing his hand and walking him over to the photos which were laid out on the table. Dean walked over and grabbed one of the balloons, bobbing it a few times with his fist, before turning all his focus to the photos.

"I didn't even know we had all of these." He scanned across all the smiles on the faces in the snapped photos. He reached across grabbing one that particularly stood out to him. It was taken by Roman on the fateful night at the Extreme Rules, the two embracing as their belts touched and their bodies ached. He ran his thumb along Seth's happy face in the candid capture, smiling to himself. "Look how far we've come."

Seth walked over placing his arm around Dean, leaning his head on his shoulder. "I couldn't have done it without you by my side." Dean smiled, leaning his head on top of Seth's, taking a hold of his hand. The two of them couldn't stop smiling, overcome with too many emotions. They'd missed each other so dearly it hardly seemed true that they were back together again.

"We're a team, no matter where we are." Seth nodded in agreement, wrapping his arm around Dean's waist. "I like this one too."

Seth picked up the photo from Money In The Bank of last year, a dream moment for him to finally see Dean live out his dream. "That was the proudest I've ever been of you."

"I wish I beat anyone but you though." Seth smiled at how adorable Dean was, shaking his head.

"Nonsense, I had my run it was your time to shine, prove to everyone how incredible you are, and why I fell in love with you." The two boys separated from contact, turning around so they were both looking at each other. Their loving smiles were still clear for everyone to see, as they both stepped forwards in sync, embracing once again with a soft yet passionate kiss, remaining in each other's hold for as long as they wanted, because they were back together again, and nothing else mattered at that very moment.