Byron Saxton for You_Cant_Teach_That

No one really knew me, my story, or anything else about me. Being judged through technology never creates a true perception of one's self, a prime example of why you should not judge a book by its cover.

Having a background in MMA, I was a true fighter, a missionary athlete, a one of a kind. There was no one other compared to me, I was crazy, untouchable, some might say delusional. I'd made the swift transition to the WWE only a couple of weeks beforehand, and already could feel the hostility around me.

They all thought my best friend was bad, but AJ had nothing on me. They thought she was crazy, well things were about to reach a whole new level of crazy.

The two of us were hanging backstage at Raw, alone like always, walking down the corridor to Vince's office for a discussion on tonight's events. There were people everywhere, glaring us both up and down, judging our looks. Both of us had our jet black hair, ripped jeans and crop tops on, heavy dark makeup, and some huge heels on our feet.

"So, Jaylen, plans for tomorrow?" The two of us had the day off tomorrow, a long time overdue, but somehow neither of us had any clue as to what to do.

"Well, there is the zoo, and then there's-" I stopped feeling something thud into my side. I turned around and saw a smartly dressed figure frown at me.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered. His frown turned into a huge grin, trying to make things seem like they were better. He hadn't just walked into me, he'd full on whacked into me, causing a throbbing pain in my upper arm. His smirk had rattled me, as he laughed around like it was nothing.

"Jaylen, come on." I felt AJ tugging at my wrist, trying to drag me away, but I pulled my arm back, standing in front of the guy, raising my hand and slapping him across the face, creating a lovely red mark across his cheek.

"Alright, we can go now." I grabbed her hand, walking away, but not before turning back to look at Byron, with a huge smirk on my own face, reversing the roles completely. A few people walked over to see if he was alright, but as expected, no one really cared about me.

I couldn't help but the guy, Byron I think AJ told me his name was, out of my mind. For the first time, someone at work hadn't decided to turn their nose up at me, creating a warm, fuzzy feeling in my tummy. I had the guy wrapped around my little finger, he just didn't know about it yet, and I was about to take it to a whole other level.

The day after my brief encounter with Byron, I noticed him sat in catering with AJ and Brie. Usually I'd ignore them and sit by myself, but I couldn't help myself, creeping over and sitting on the chair next to Byron. "Hey Brie! AJ!" They both smiled over, as I purposely made an effort to ignore Byron, smirking over at him.

"Nice to see you Jaylen," he muttered, oblivious to what I had done.

"Sorry, I wasn't speaking to you," I replied, turning back to look at my cousin who sat there chuckling.

Only a couple of days later I caught him again, walking down the corridor where AJ and I were stood. "After three I want you to tell a hideous joke, alright?" She looked at me confused, but nodded all the same.

"One, two, three."

"We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police." I didn't find it particularly funny, or really understand it, but all the same I burst into a massive howl making everyone look over at me, including Byron. I flicked my hair back, stepping back, into his pathway, the volume of my chuckle only getting louder, becoming so infectious AJ started cluelessly chuckling with me.

Once he'd stepped out of view I quickly stopped, smiling over at AJ with a knowing look.

Later on that day, I noticed Byron again preparing himself to head out to the announce table alongside Michael and Corey. I smirked, running a hand through my hair, pulling down my short shorts, and walking over.

"Michael, is that yours?" The three boys all looked down at the pen on the floor which I just so happened to see.

"I don't think so Jaylen." I sighed, not the answer I was hoping for, but that wasn't the end of that.

"I'll get it for you anyway, just in case." I smirked at Byron, bending down slowly, arching my back so my nicely covered bottom pointed right up at Byron. Once it was in my grasp, I slowly stood back up, handing the pen to Michael.

"Thanks," he smiled, as I twirled around and walked away.

Tonight I was just needed for a photoshoot, but I wasn't best pleased with solely that. AJ was out facing Alicia, a boring match I'll admit, I could see the fans bored. "Guys, AJ looks a little lost to me, like she shouldn't be out here." I shook my head at his comments over my best friend, taking matters into my own hands, seeing as AJ couldn't here.

I skipped down the ramp, twiddling with my hair, waving to AJ, then coming back up to the announce table. Without a word I pulled his chair back, lifting my left leg over his lap, and cupping his cheeks. "What are you doing?" He whispered, looking up into my eyes. I smirked, leaning down and kissed him deeply.

He kissed me back, just like I knew he would. I could hear the mutters of the two other boys, but had no clue what they were saying, until I pulled away. Byron opened his mouth to speak, but I placed my finger across his mouth, silencing him, lifting my leg up and standing back up.

I waved to him, turning around and walking away, leaving him at the table, his mouth agape in shock, dazed by what I'd just done to him.