Jeff Hardy for You_Cant_Teach_That

There was only ever one consistent figure in my life, I don't know what I did to push so many people away, but I had done, but Jeff, he stood by me through everything, constantly put the smile on my face, and most of all, always believed.

However, as time passed me by, Jeff would slowly start to drift away. Everything I had ever believed about the two of us, slowly disappeared. He began hanging out more with Trish, who already hated me as it was, so I knew their blossoming friendship was never going to end well for Jeff and I.

I walked down the corridor backstage at Raw, coincidentally noticing Jeff stood outside the production office. "Hey," I whispered walking over to him. He looked up brushing his long hair out of his face.

"Hi," he murmured, looking straight at the door. I went to speak again only to hear the opening of the door. I turned around to be met by Trish's nasty glare staring me up and down. I shook my head, turning back around, only to see her hand grab onto Jeff's.

"Come on, we've got somewhere we need to be." Jeff followed behind Trish who was tugging at his hand to get away. I sighed walking past in the opposite direction, pulling out my phone to stop the tears falling. He couldn't even bring himself to say my name anymore, and it completely broke me.

I steered well clear of the two of them for several months after, not wanting to be anywhere near the two of them. I watched them leave catering, taking it as my moment to walk in and take a seat, walking over besides Lita. "Jay, come on, you've got to move on from this, they're dating, there is nothing you can do about it." I looked over at her in complete shock, the smile from her face disappearing. "You didn't know did you?"

"Well I do now, I can't believe no one ever told me." I grabbed my things, standing back up.

"No! Jay, just wait a moment." Lita tried to call me back but I didn't want to know. I knew if I stayed there everyone would probably end up seeing me cry, and that was the last thing I wanted right now.

I grabbed my bag, texting Eric and telling him that I wasn't feeling too well and that I was going home. I couldn't quite get my head around the fact everyone had decided to keep it a secret from me, I deserved to know, I was Jeff's best friend after all, but not anymore.

Trish had completely turned Jeff against me, he couldn't even bring himself to smile at me anymore, when usually I wouldn't be able to walk past him without being attacked with tickles. I knew the only place I wanted to be right now was at home, wallowing in self pity having lost the only real friendship I ever had.

Jeff's POV

I don't know why I ever listened to Trish in the first place, I thought I loved her, but after spending four months with her I knew I'd completely lost myself. The one time bubbly and confident man I was had been lost in the shadows of Trish's puppet.

As expected, when I called our whole relationship off Trish desperately tried to plead with me, tell me that I was making a mistake, but I was sick of her lies. I'd listened to her for so long I was believing her, and now I needed to go back to finding Jeff Hardy again.

There was only one thing I wanted to regain about my old self. Jay.

I'd heard through friends that she had taken an extended period of leave, probably no thanks to me, so I took the decision to drive to her home in Florida, desperate to make things right.

I walked up to her front door, knocking lightly.

Jay's POV

I opened up the door expecting to see some kids trying to play knock door run with me, only to see Jeff staring back at me. I looked down at my clothes, I was a complete mess, he'd never seen me this lost before. "Can I come in?" He asked. I moved out of the way of the door, allowing him in into the front room.

"What do you want?" I half expected to see Trish following behind him, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Trish and I split." It didn't come as much of a surprise, I knew Jeff, and I knew him and Trish were never really compatible with each other.

"I'm sorry to hear that," I whispered taking a seat opposite him, throwing my old pizza box on the floor, where it was likely to remain for the next week or so.

"Don't be sorry. She was never the girl for me, there has only ever been one girl for me, and as much as I tried to tell myself it wasn't true, it is." I sighed looking up at him, waiting for him to announce the next girl he'd leave me for. He giggled shaking his head, "it's you Jay." He got up and walked over to take a seat beside me, taking a hold of my hand. "Trish made me realise just how much I love you, and just how much you mean to me."

"Jeff," I whispered completely speechless. He smiled, running his hand through my hair and brushing it behind my ear. He leaned forwards placing a soft kiss just under my ear, leaving a trail right up my neck and over to my right cheek, until his lips finally landed on my lips. I turned around so I was facing him, gripping onto his arms and deepening the kiss, which was completely magical. I'd imagined before what kissing Jeff would be like, but it was honestly so much better then I could have ever imagined.

I eventually the one to pull away, desperate to take a breath. He'd completely taken my breath away, and I finally realised Jeff was the one for me too. "I love you too," I whispered, hugging him tightly and burying my head into the crook of his neck.