Tough Enough? ~ John Cena and Mandy Rose

No one could anticipate who would win the competition, but for John Cena, his eyes only fell on one person.

Mandy Rose. A blonde New Yorker with big ambitions and an even bigger heart.

From the beginning he saw something in her that no one else could, her athletic ability and prowess was unmatchable, her smile bigger than anyone else's.

"Mandy, you did a great job as always, I really think you're cut out for this." And that she was.

Once the competition was finished no one was surprised when the two of them became official. One social media post enough to capture everyone's hearts.

They became inseparable, feeling nothing but adoration for each other, not wanting to be away from each other more than a few minutes.

But duty called. And John was soon heading back to Smackdown, parting ways with Mandy, leaving her back in Florida as she set herself up for a new life in NXT.

The two of them struggled, there were long and lonely nights, late night calls, or just missed calls.

Whilst John continued to dominate the main roster, Mandy worked her booty off to make sure she could regain some connection back with her man as quickly as possible.

It took a couple of years, but the both of them knew eventually the day would come, and she would be called in to that meeting that would finally reconnect the two of them.

For John, it was just another Tuesday afternoon, entering the building, smiling gleefully as he went past security, heading to drop his bags off.

For Mandy, the whole world of wrestling she knew had been turned on its head, here she was greeting all the fans that waited outside the massive arena for all their favourite superstars.

Mandy knew his schedule better than anyone else, he'd told her about it often enough, so as soon as it reached three o'clock, she sat out in the corridor waiting for him to leave his locker room.

Just five minutes, that was it took for the door handle to drop and for the man that can't be seen to walk out in his bright blue shirt.

Mandy watched him closely, grinning at the sight of his smile, clearing her throat once she realised he was quickly going to walk away without noticing her.

His head snapped back around to where the small choke had come from to see his love stood right there in front of him.

Neither of them really knew what to do, the overwhelming feeling of physical presence becoming too much.

"What are you doing here?" John asked making the first move. He walked up to Mandy, wrapping his arms around her tiny waist.

"I have a bit of news," she replied with a coy smile, his eyes lighting up with intrigue.

"What is it?" He asked, grabbing her hand, moving the two of them to the side of the corridor.

"Well, last week I got pulled into a meeting with Hunter, and he told me that they've decided to bring me up to the main roster. Say hello to the newest member of Smackdown live." John let out a huge chuckle, rewrapping his arms around Mandy, throwing her up in the air in celebration.

"Are you serious?" She nodded, nuzzling her head into the crook of his neck. "Does that mean you're going to be here full time?"

"Yep. Travelling, eating, media, the lot. You're gonna get sick of the sight of me." John pulled Mandy away, convincingly shaking his head.

"I could never tire of looking at you." She reached up and planted a quick peck onto John's lips.

The two of them paused, both taking a moment to let the news settle. Just over three years ago neither of them expected to find themselves in this position, but here they were.

"I can't believe how far you've come Mandy, I'm so proud of you." He was right, his girl has come so far.

"It's scary to think how things have changed, you used to be my coach, mentor, and now you're my colleague, maybe even tag team partner."

"Woah little lady, don't get too ahead of yourself." She couldn't help it, this was what she'd dreamed of during all those long nights down at the PC.

"Sorry, it's just so many doors have just been opened, there's so many pathways to take." The couple had received numerous perplexed glances during their talk, no one knowing quite how special this was to them both.

"As long as I'm on every single one of those paths, I'll support you in whatever one you take, just like how I've always done." Mandy kissed her man once more, not wanting her life to turn out any other way.

"If it wasn't for your guidance I don't even think I'd be here right now, really, all this is down to you." It was his way of life, John shook his head being as humble as ever, but from the outside looking in, it was obvious just how much John had helped Mandy over the years.

"I wasn't the one that woke you up at five in the morning to go to the gym, or place that extra weight on the bar, you did it all yourself, because you wanted to be here, no one else."

The two of them could go on for days, building each other's character, but quite frankly, they didn't have the time.

"So have you got a match tonight?" Mandy nodded, the prospect thrilling. "How about I take you around then and show you the rituals that take place on show day?"

"That sounds perfect." John laced his hand in with her, beginning his tour of the arena.

"You'll feel right at home here, everyone is so friendly." Mandy wasn't so sure just yet, but she knew that maybe having John by her side wouldn't be so much of a disadvantage.

"Mandy!" A strong Irish accent screamed out, coming from the opposite direction.

"See. Easy." John teased, stepping back to allow his bronzed beauty to reunite with one of her closest friends.