DARK KNIGHT

"Neo?"

"Lee Seongsang, ani [no], Sa-rang."

To hear her first name pronounced by the 25-year-old who a few hours ago was the incarnation of a medical student left the woman speechless. Sa-rang recollected her thoughts and shut her gaping mouth on the same occasion. Fear invaded her as the reality of the situation rained and settled in her mind.

"Otoké [How]?"

The young man smirked, "like you, I came by car."

"You know what I mean," Sa-rang wanted to hear the reason for his presence from his mouth.

"I'm your knight."

Sa-rang's eyes widened in horror as her mind processed his words.

Dressed all in black in the most fitted of suits, one could think it was pieced together by the delicate hands of a tailor just an hour before. His hair was combed back held correctly in place, showing the eyes that usually shone with mischief under his bangs daily.

"Surprised? I'm sorry, but I can't imagine the shock the news is having on your nervous system."

"Chae Ji-Seong Ssi."

"Nae [yes], that's my name, but for this occasion, I am Apollo."

Ji-Seong pulled out the chair without making a single sound and sat down. He gazed straight at Sa-rang like an equal. Ji-Seong pressed a button on his side, and the door sprung open, giving way to the butler who settled the dishes.

Sa-rang observed the man's precise motions as he laid the table with his eyes closed under her knight's amused stare as he imagined the eruption to come.

The waiter gone, the two sat silently, letting the Cantonese music play. Sa-rang's ears caught the notes for the first time; she had not even realized music played.

"Ji-Seong."

"Please, it's Apollo."

Sa-rang smirked and got up.

"Where are you going? The night is still young?"

"I won't listen to you another minute," she turned to leave.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, the sponsor spent 10 million won to offer you these three nights, and there's no refund, anja," Ji-Seong said and waited before adding a "seyo" while pointing at her empty seat. [anja=sit, anjaseyo= sit down polite]

Sa-rang lifted her eyes to the ceiling. She acknowledged her friend's gesture as love. Yoona had good intentions; all she wanted to do was offer her dying friend the best of life, and Yoona paid massive retribution.

The sound of a popping bottle made Sa-rang look over her shoulders. Ji-Seong poured the champagne into both their glasses before throwing Sa-rang, the type of killer smile which would have any woman fanning herself or fainting depending on her sensibility.

"This situation doesn't seem to shock you," Sa-rang said.

"Why would it?" Ji-Seong furrowed his eyebrows while his eyes darted from side to side before lightly tilting his head to the side as if to state that he didn't see a problem after reflection.

"Neoran naran, uri, [you, I, we] we can'tㅡ."

"Why, because you're a professor and I'm a student you despise? I left my student cap when I left the hospital earlier, and for me, the woman standing in front of me in this black lace dress is Lee Sa-rang, keut [period].

Sa-Rang took two steps towards the table to stand just behind her seat.

"Come on, Sa-rang, you're almost there, anja," Ji-Seong beckoned, pointing his palm towards her chair.