JUDGE

Sonmi wanted to knock herself out as she paced, waiting for a message; it was becoming a habit. Jae's morning message was becoming her drug.

Yes, Sonmi was accustomed to his care, gentle words, and gestures. Ho Jae Kyung was the perfect boyfriend.

So perfect Sonmi wondered when her alarm would ring, and she would wake up realizing it was all a dream.

If Sonmi knew his background and if she had met his father, Sonmi would have understood the whole meaning of the expression like father like son. Jae's behavior was the replica of a man who not only loved with all his being but gave his heart away once.

Sonmi's telephone beeped, and she rushed to grab it:

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL

The message was nothing fantastic, no poem, just a few words, making her heart's factory break down and needing another maintenance check.

Jae had won the girl over, and Sonmi was ashamed, mainly when she limited skinship. She didn't Jae hold her hand in public due to the rumors. People gossiped about how she ran after chaebol sons.

Sonmi didn't need to look far to find the culprit. Hana remixed and twisted the tale to her liking. Even Eun Young switched sides disgusted by Hana's evil tongue, which didn't spare her either since she was still with Myeong.

The two girls were pariahs on campus, and living with bitter Hana was unbearable.

"Move over. Do you count on blocking the bathroom door forever?" Hana said with a glare that was becoming a trademark.

"Sorry," Sonmi replied, rushing to grab her bag.

To Sonmi's surprise, Eun Young wasn't as strong-willed as she looked; she hid sleeping at Myeong's and Jae's apartment as much as possible, leaving Sonmi to face Hana's mood swings alone.

Sonmi exhaled as she stepped out of the building, where she found Jae waiting for her.

"I'll drive you to Uni."

"It's not even 5miles away. Don't you have something to do?"

"I do, but I prefer being with you," Jae said with a killer smile.

"Don't you ever lie?"

"Why lie when there's no need, and you can give a straightforward answer.

Sonmi was not cunning; she didn't know how to read between the lines. Being with someone as honest as Jae made things simple.

The man didn't seem to say things he didn't mean or beat around the bush; it was reassuring for someone who didn't know how to play games.

Sonmi's innocence was the reason why Jae liked her so much; things were simple; he need not lie or calculate; he could merely love her.

The feeling grew and became more persistent as the day passed.

Jae loved Sonmi; he waited for someone like her. A person who would not look at the size of his wallet or his origins, someone who would appreciate him as a man.

Obviously, the couple had not reached the point of absolute trust, but Jae hoped they would get there step by step.

For Jae, the young woman was rough at the edges, but he knew her value Sonmi was his diamond, a rare one which he would not allow anyone to hurt.

Jae knew what people were spreading. Seoul grew small when it came to rumors. This fact meant it was a matter of time before his peers would be alerted, Ho Geun and Hyeon Ju. Jae had to protect Sonmi by all means. Their love was barely budding, and he would not have them take away what was yet to blossom.