LFC Updates: Where For Art Thou, Lallana?

It has certainly been a stretch of time since I've done something with this, hasn't it? Between me trying (and just about succeeding) in raising my grades and a bit of personal stuff, Liverpool . . . have not been doing well, with the recent 4-1 drubbing by Tottenham showing our frailty . . . again.

Klopp has recently called out Lovren and Lovren has recently cleared his social media of its LFC mentionings (just the bio stuff, not pictures or tweet deletings), which could be signaling the end of Klopp's absolute trust in Lovren and a possible drop to the bench. Or maybe not, Lovren has done some shocking stuff and Klopp has left him in before, garnering mix results, but I feel like now may be different if we're having Klopp actually say something. The same going for Mignolet, who he has also talked about, with both being said to have not done well at all and that if Klopp had his trainers, some of those goals would've been stopped. If that isn't a harsh enough critique, don't really know what is.

This calls Joe Gomes, Loris Karius, and Danny Ward up to the spotlight, with these three being the only realistic options for the problems Klopp has called out. Gomes I've heard, as I luckily enough was at church and didn't watch the match, did well when he moved to center back. Generally, he does a very solid, very good job there whenever he needs to be on the teamsheet so this isn't a bad call at all and I stand behind it if it means Lovren can either get better or stay off the pitch. Danny Ward also needs playtime after the amazing season he had last year and needs some time to build off of that, so getting either Mignolet or Karius' time and either Karius or Mignolet is benched. Come December/January, hopefully, we revisit the problems we're having now.

Speaking of, Lallana has been back for maybe a week or so now, but is slowly being brought back into the fold as he hasn't played a moment of football the season and only in the middle of preseason. It is said that he could come back into the fold during November but I hope that he could possibly come back sooner, maybe the 28th against Huddersfield as we clearly aren't as free-flowing without him and with Mané also out, points seem to be mocking us. Of course rushing him back would be horrible to both parties, just wanted to point out that our slow start to the season may be because of this.

Wijnaldum was out for that Tottenham match because of a knee injury. Oh, joy! But he's back now and in training. It's up to Klopp if he plays in three days time, but I rather he is a substitute or be substituted out in the match, either one is just fine. 

On the brighter side of things, Ben Woodburn just signed a new long-term contract! It will keep him here for five years and that's pretty awesome considering the sky isn't even the limit for Woodburn anymore. Hitting 18 just ten days ago, this is showing that he's getting all the support he needs as he grows up as a footballer and person and that he's giving us the proper amount of respect when it comes to giving his all on the training grounds and at Anfield. 

Hopefully it won't take me as long to post next time! 

Good day/night, Reds!