What's The News Saying Now: Transfer Rumours

Though this will be my second season of rating rumours and all, I still can't help but be amused when I see some stuff the journalists write out. First round for the 17/18 season starts  . . . now!

Mario Götze to Come To Liverpool Should Coutinho Go:

Umm . . . what? As a Dortmund fan (or enthusiast at best), Götze has been sidelined for a while thanks to metabolism problems or something of the like (Dortmund wasn't extremely clear). To have someone that isn't reliable thanks to injury even before this recent sideline in a position that we rely on greatly, no thanks. And we're NEVER going to have Coutinho go to Barça, especially should we win something. 0/5, 0/100. It's worse than me in my Algebra class.

Michael Keane to Anfield Should We Lose The van Dijk Race:

So far, everyone thinks we're going to lose. That sucks. Anyroad, we're battling with United for the guy but I see no reason for us to get him because he works in a team that gives him a ton of cover (aka park the bus) while we're free flowing and he'll be open at all times. I'm sure Klopp understands that and then won't sign him for that reason. Labelling this as a 0/5 until there are better reasons to makes it higher. 

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool:

I don't want him to come just because I don't want to spell out his all the time and he doesn't have good initials like Trent Alexander Arnold (TAA). But the rumour started to catch a bit more fire recently when he recently won the FA Cup and said he wants to be like Steven Gerrard. Which, apparently, means that he just has to come. He'll come in to bolster the squad because of CL but I feel like this is also him just wanting CL every season and willing to jump around to have that happen. 2/5 until I have more reason to believe all this from . . . "The Ox". 

Liverpool Has Been Given a Huge Boost in Keita Chase: 

So Keita's club, RB Leipzig bought his replacement. From their sister club RB Salzburg, they got a player who is somewhat like Keita, which is making the media think that Leipzig is ready to get rid of the guy they got from said sister club. For £50m, he will definitely break our transfer record should we be able to get him. He's in a position where we need a player or two more, right after a season or two where we thought we had more than enough. Not going to rate this as it's not actual Liverpool transfer stuff, but more on Leipzig's side.

Liverpool to Battle Both Manchester Clubs For Benjamin Mendy As Liverpool Replicates Bid:

Can we do this just to rub it in their faces? I'd enjoy that greatly. He's a left back and plays for Monaco, a team I watched every once in a while and enjoyed greatly as they beat PSG to the Ligue 1 title. The team had only 31 goals against them and Mendy scored one goal, but I don't know if that goal was a penalty or not. When I saw him, he looked good and I would love to have him (and his friend Mbappé). The only thing is if Monaco is willing to give up so many players and if we can beat the Manchesters when it comes to the wages they'll offer to the excitement and youthful glow we have, since he'd easily be younger than just about anyone at both teams while he'll have people closer to his age like Can, Karius and Origi. C'mon, he's French and talented, we need a replacement on that if Sakho has to go. 3/5

Liverpool to battle AS Roma for Rafinha:

 I actually like the look of him at Barcelona. He's a winger, a spot we'll need cover in thanks to CL and he's talented and already at Barcelona. Hopefully, they don't see it as us getting ready to get rid of Coutinho. We have the upper hand because I think we have more money to offer than AS Roma and we are just a lot more exciting. Or, that's what I believe. And he's Brazillian, so just add that to the possibility because I'm sure our Brazillian boys have said some good stuff to him. 3/5

Liverpool to snatch French Strikers from Atletico Madrid:

Apparently, Lacazette will never stop being rumoured to come to Anfield. Though he is practically at Atletico Madrid, Liverpool seems to want him even though we're pretty much set in the striker position. He is a good player scoring 37 goals in 45 matches, but I'm not sure he'd be happy playing in a role where he's not the first choice because Klopp has made it obvious that he wants only Firmino up top in practically any case unless Firmino is injured. 1/5 unless anything proves to be different. 

And we now get to Griezmann, who is proving to be more confusing than Pogba was slightly annoying last transfer window. Griezmann first said that he had a "6 out of 10 chance" to go to United. There is no room for mistranslation here because I'm taking French and that's exactly what he said. He then says, or at least his camp did, that'd he'd like to go to Liverpool because we have CL and we play nice football and have Klopp. In the past day, we're getting news that he's not leaving at all because he told the Atletico staff that he simply wasn't . . . well, it was good while it lasted. 

That's it for the day! Hopefully there'll be new and funny stuff to look at tomorrow.