LFC Updates: Player Selections

Usually, don't post pics with players that are no longer here unless they're legends, but the Welsh Xavi looks . . .  for a lack of better words, cute. And I'm utterly tired so if I make no sense, it's only me it's not my mind. 

Danny Ings may be making his first appearance in nearly a year! He didn't play with the U23s, who played pretty recently (yesterday? today?) so it's creating a little whispering that yes, he could play. Which would be brilliant. He has played so little these past two seasons that even a five-minute showing at the end would be just perfect. This could open the door to him gaining better fitness and eventually be coming back into the side but in a limited role like Sturridge or Solanke.

Danny Ward is also going to be starting! First appearance since the 15/16! He has progressed since then, bringing us a new opponent in Huddersfield and a decent Welsh keeper in himself. I believe he'll make a good keeper eventually, even with the headlines focusing on Karius and Mignolet a lot. Others scheduled to make an appearance are the Ox and Grujic, though I could be missing another person. 

Coutinho's out yet again, this time with a strain. Not really sure how, though I did miss a lot of the match Saturday thanks to NBCSN Gold. May that thing dissolve eventually. Since it's a strain, it should be resolved quickly, but he could possibly be not all that perfect for the Leicester match. If he even plays at all that day, I mean, it's Leicester, mate.

Both Lallana and Clyne are up and running in training, so there's that. It doesn't mean they'll be back next week. Adam is still going toward mid to late October while Clyne is still up in the air. They're getting close enough that people still talk about them so it is showing that the time is coming upon us. And who knows? Maybe they'll come back early. But I doubt that. Klopp loves waiting a bit over the regular time and as with Sturridge, it shows to have great benefits. People thought it was because Klopp hated him and he hated Klopp, but I can't see them being happier with each other. 

Lovren could possibly make the bench, which he was forced to not even be on thanks to injury before Saturday. Joe Gomez could be put in at center back because of that, which may not be horrible because, in the 15/16 season, he was in that same position a few times and did well from what my memory will tell me. But I glossed over a lot of things with the start of that season. If I didn't . . . wowza. 

So have a good day/night, Reds! Hopefully, I'll finally get the transfer deadline finishing touches up. Finally.