Injury Apocalypse: Emre Can

Late upon arrival but here! Just going to give a quick recap for you all on who can play against Chelsea and who can't, along with a little politics because you can't honestly have Liverpool FC without some politics spilling in.

Emre Can's currently going through a muscle injury problem, which is putting him down as a doubt for our showing against Chelsea. Personally, I don't find it that big a deal, if he needs rest, then certainly, give it to him. But at the same time, January is edging closer and he still hasn't put pen to paper after a bunch of nice performances (well, not 100% nice and rosy, but predominately pretty good). It kind of worries me as he boasts a great future in his career. Let's hope LFC can get that settled.

It seems that Lallana's comeback date is being pushed back further and further, and that's a good thing considering how long he's been out, along with the fact that we have enough midfielders around for him to get all the rest he needs. Weird though, considering we were ready to have him back around the West Ham match. Or, hoping at the very least. Klopp knows and we'll be very glad to have our engine in midfield Lallana as soon as the gaffer allows it.

Joel Matip is also hoping for a good comeback date after getting injured during training, the main reason he couldn't play the last few matches. It's hopeful that he'll be up to playing against Chelsea, but not in any way expected or mandatory. All good things after that, nothing serious (other than Nathaniel Clyne, that will take a serious comeback). Andy Robertson's not injured if you needed to know, he just . . . isn't being played either because of Moreno's uptick in performances or the fact that he recently had a baby come into his life. Though Moreno also did too, so maybe it's a bit more. Otherwise, he's healthy and happy.

Now to politics! Not really, I'm not going to shove it down your throat how Donald Trump is who he is to you, what Brexit means, what is going on in Egypt (which is horrible, by the way), just a little thing Klopp said. 

"I'm on the left, of course. More left than middle. I believe in the welfare state. I'm not privately insured. I would never vote for a party because they promised to lower the top tax rate. My political understanding is this: if I am doing well, I want others to do well, too. If there's something I will never do in my life it is vote for the right." 

And, I don't know, I found it absolutely wonder amongst all the bad stuff that's going on in the media that we have a manager that's still going to the basics of human decency and just showing why he's perfect for LFC. Liverpool's a left-leaning city if you haven't realised just yet and that Klopp is going the same way is pretty spectacular as the club prides itself in going in line with the people, top to bottom and his words emulate that. 

The little stuff, changing the LFC Twitter profile to a rainbow to support the LGBTQ+ Community (which I found so heartening until I realised United hasn't participated in this), tweeting about Egypt, all that stuff that other clubs may not always do but LFC attempts to do at least most the time, is wonderful and something to be really prideful when you say that you're a Liverpool fan. I may have been really pissed off when we equalised off a corner against Sevilla, but there's always something great that makes me forget absolutely everything. 

Have a great night/day, Reds! Be proud you're a Red in these times and anytime. Let's get those points, now!