What's The News Saying Now?: FFP Problems

Long time no see, yeah? Had to go on a quick family trip and the hotel's internet was spotty so I couldn't really do this at all last week. But I'm here today to talk about things, so let's get to it!

Salah to Liverpool Practically A Done Deal To FFP:

This has started off as a maybe, it's not very clear but could totally happen transfer. But now, it's more of a when than if transfer, like the van Dijk transfer. Roma is very close to being fined by the FFP, who basically make sure football teams are spending their money and keeping their teams at a certain size to make the game fair (yet they look over teams like Man City, RM and such). Because of this possible problem, Roma needs to sell big to balance their books in the FFP's eyes and us paying up most of the £35m plus add-ons will balance this. I'm still not totally excited by the price, but to see that we're right there is exciting. 

Mendy Battle Back On:

City's bid for this extraordinary left back has been . . . stalled. This means that their chance to get him has fallen through and Chelsea and Liverpool have a great chance to get him. This doesn't mean that City still don't have a chance to get him, but it means that we have a higher chance of signing him. Maybe Mendy will be excited by the fact that he'll be guaranteed a first team spot and the way he plays is so similar to what Klopp wants. I see this as a good chance to show we can truly make a good signing.

Aubameyang to Liverpool:

In your wildest dreams. I'm pretty sure even your wildest dreams aren't that far fetched. Maybe you have Virgil van Dijk, James Rodriguez, Benjamin Mendy and Dahoud on the squad at most, but adding Aubameyang there screams that in your dreams, you kinda want LFC to get FFP knocking on the door or you're not too excited about what Firmino/Sturridge/Origi's doing. Either way,he said Real Madrid or he's not leaving the Yellow Wall. Last I checked, we're not Real Madrid. Move along, bad newspapers.

Oxlade-Chamberlain Wants Out:

But do we want you in?? I think that's the question? Again, I'm not amused by his long last name and how his initials aren't as cool as TAA's, but he's not horrible. To be honest, he's good and has experience in CL, because . . . Arsenal and the 4th Place Trophy. He wants everything settled before preseason training and Klopp likes it that way too, so maybe that's the thing. The price they're asking for isn't horrible (£25m+) so let's just give them £25m+1 extra pound and maybe that'll be cool. Or a long-running joke that'd be fun to return.

Andre Wisdom To Go:

I think I said this in the first chapter but he really does have to. If he were to stay at Liverpool, the best that would happen for him is more season on loan or an understudy like role. No one would want that at his age so it'd be best for Liverpool and him to split ways now and just start looking for suitable places. And he already did with Derby County, so I guess I'll have to start writing that chapter in time for when it's truly finalized. 

Ben Gibson Will Not Leave Middlesbrough:

Were we in for this guy? Was he playing the final match of the season when we beat them 3-0? Because I don't remember their defence putting up a fight, I just remember us being too nervous to doing anything bad at first and then too okay with the score to pull a 7-1 like Tottenham (or was it 6-0?). Either way, Middlesbrough are down and they want to keep everyone they have to make sure that things go smoothly to come back up to the PL. I don't even remember how this one started, but it's funny to see that it had to be ended by one of the clubs.

Southampton And Liverpool To Battle Again:

It's over another Dortmund player, Emre Mor. So, we'll have TWO Emres! I like him as a person and a player, but will he help us out? Not really. It'd be like getting another Ben Woodburn, because that's what he is right now. He's very talented, but he's raw and needs guidance before he can do anything promising. In that meantime, I'm sure there would be people that would be upset that we even got him, which would be short-sighted on their part. Why not just let Southampton get him and then we can just get him a season or two after? I kid, I kid. 

That's it for the day, have a nice rest of it Reds!