On The Cusp of Greatness Opens A Window

Say hello to new players.

To reliving big memories.

To the great unknown.

Welcome the unexpected.

The overwhelming moments of excitement.

The sweet, sweet freedom of knowing.

This is the opening of the transfer window. The silly season in the football that every loves or loves to hate. For the upcoming season, it is very much important that we're the former of that sentence and not the latter. 

It's now easy to know what we need and what we don't.

Think we need a left back?

You're on the right track because we're certainly on our way to getting one.

Centre back upgrade?

We're certainly on our way to getting that to happen.

All these great things are happening because of the Holy Grail known as the Champions League. Before,  the 4th place may have felt like something of a disappointment after the exciting season we just had. To be high-scoring, free-flowing and just barely make it with the rest of them can look a bit disheartening and certainly give the look of stepping two steps forward and one back.

But with all that pain, we still are managing to grow. With CL, a higher calibre of players will want to come here. No longer will we have the problem of top players like van Dijk or Keita not wanting to come here because of that kind of a problem, it's just a matter of if we got there first or not.

And with the beautiful way we play football, they'd have to be crazy not to want to come here. With Klopp at the helm, money at what looks to be a surplus and top four now a good possibility, we're an exciting spot for young players. Chelsea, United and City may want to splurge the money to make themselves look better than us, but we're starting to show that we can play their game just as well as they do. Our war chest is £100m and should we sell the last bits of dead weight that proved to be so this season, we'll have quite the pile to get all the targeted guys we were promised at the start of the season.

Still, it doesn't mean that we will get all of them.

It rarely works that way for anyone and I don't expect it to start this year.

What I do expect, is for the right guys to come to Liverpool. They may not be the ones you were hoping from the start, like Wijndaldum, or even at one point Mané, eventually, they will be the one you root for in the end. 

So here's to the good days and the special nights.

The good matches and the happy crowds. 

Start of a beautiful season here we come!