LFC Updates: Player Selections

Quick update for those that probably weren't able to watch the match yesterday, so when you are able to watch the next preseason match, you'll be all caught up to speed. If you want a matchday recap, though, I'm not the person you're looking for. Anyways, to the real stuff.

Mohamed Salah wasn't able to play yesterday thanks to work permit issues. I never really get the deal with work permits (especially in the case of Allan), but they exist for a reason, not that I know this reason. He's off in Paris now (because to have him be eligible for anything, he needs to leave England for a while, then come back), so if you want to see pics of him trying to pick up Mendy for us, it's probably on his Instagram. He's now allowed to play against Wigan Athletic, so all good news on this front.

Danny Ings is back! But only in light training. After two seasons of pretty horrible luck on both of his knees, it's a warming but eerily familiar. He's only running at this point and it's up in the air whether he'll be fully fit for the Hong Kong trip and the Audi Cup, but it'd be great if he's ready in time for the season. Hopefully, then, he won't have another season ending injury to stop him from really being a part of the side. 

Sadio Mané is really excited for preseason, but he's going to have it cut short no matter what. This is the first update we've had with him in a while, and even though he's really close and progressing nicely, it's still not close enough for him to play in soon enough time. The knee injury will now force him to miss the Hong Kong trip, but it's not been said if it will also force him to miss the Audi Cup. Hopefully not because it'd be a nice way to truly make sure that he stays on top of his game before the actual season starts. Not at all worried about this one. 

Lallana and Coutinho also finally returned to Melwood just this week, which was why they couldn't participate in the match yesterday. Lallana is hoping to be in tomorrow's match against Wigan Athletic and I see this being a realistic hope since they came on Monday and the other guys had just about this amount of time to train for their own half of the match. I see our time against Wigan being a new team a half sort of set up, so it wouldn't be a problem to have them come in quickly. Unless they overexert themselves, that'd be a problem. 

In other news, Sheyi Ojo looks pretty close to going on loan to Middlesbrough (not as cool as James Rodriguez going on loan to Bayern, but . . .), someone's dead certain we should get Olivier Giroud, Virgil van Dijk will never stop being a thing and people are starting to think Suarez will come back. Funny.

Good day/night, Reds!