Acknowledgements

Thank you to all the readers who have been reading this book since the moment I started it - which was so, so long ago! A year, I think?

Thank you for supporting and heartening me to pursue this story, to get it accomplished and finished.

You have no idea how much I adore and appreciate you. 

Your feedback and criticisms help this book to become the best it could be.

I just want to say THANK YOU, GOD

Thank you, Lord, for giving me specific experiences in my childhood, done by Your Will and Command. 

This is the truth - without You, this book wouldn't exist. 

I hated The Heartbreaker's Dare. I was so young, so immature when I wrote it. 

Trying To Endure is a better version, no doubt. 

I spent years, years and years working on the plotline - have a whole stack of paperwork, actually!

I re-wrote this book like six times. Once, I got to chapter thirty or something but I hated it. So I deleted the whole book and did it again.

Readers, I hope you learnt something from this book.

The issues I illustrated in this story is very much true.

Derek Matthews - to show you how society runs in a way, systematically, and what happens 'behind the scenes', you could say. And also to show a humble rich person, who was arrogant at first but matured. Child neglect and abuse. 

April Levesque - depression due to a deceased (very common), and objectification. Survivor of sexual assault. I know many readers are frustrated that she wants to tell someone, but she feels trapped and restricted. This is normal behaviour for survivors of sexual assault (psychological and physical trauma). Understand that it takes a lot of courage to confess, which is what Camila realised and used it to her own advantage. 

Bodie Banks - a definition of racism, the ill-treated. That men also are survivors of sexual assault. 

Ishaan Ali, Zavian Malik - islamophobia. 

Rhett, Roy, Camila and Kristina - to show that men and women are equally capable of sexual violence. 

Charlotte Marin - unfortunately she was killed. Happens a lot in toxic relationships. 

Roy Heston - a manipulative partner, toxic relationship.

Roy Heston is glamorised in a lot of books, on Wattpad and other platforms, but because it appears 'sexy', it's okay. 

Push aside the consensual aspects like kinks and all, phrases such 'you're mine' and this hype around possessive guys that are romanticised on Wattpad and books is immoral. 

If a guy is rich and 'handsome', it's okay. If he is not, then it's 'rape'. Have you noticed that?

This is an example of a stem of rape culture.

If you don't know how, figure out why. 

If we love these toxic things, it bounds back into reality. We attract it, whether you realise it or not. In fact, one of my friends subconsciously attracted it. So please, be careful of what you wish for. Be careful of what you want. Life plays in dangerous ways, and the last thing you want can happen. 

Take Thiago, for example. He created a list of degrading girls, and that encouraged boys to harass those girls. 

That is exactly identical to the romanticisation of possessiveness, Stockholm syndrome and 'gangs' (more or less).

Issues like 'mafia' and all are wrongly glorified. 

Sex trafficking rings are real, and they exist in the world. When children and women are abducted (mostly children) they are often stripped and pushed into an abusive ring where people buy and use to please their sexual needs.

This is what most books glorify, subconsciously and consciously. It's offensive and triggering.  

Does sex, human trafficking rings exist? Yes.

Amongst the wealthy? Yes. Most likely. In fact, amongst the rich are often pushed aside and secreted. It is the most dangerous, the most common, and yet you never hear about it. Why? 

Because anyone would do anything to make sure a secret is a secret.

I don't understand why the bad things are often glamorised. Please, be considerate and think twice, because there are sex survivors across the globe, and if they see these things... 

It's not right.  

Homophobia and sexual discrimination of identities. Ethan, Tanner and Jasmine <3

And, lastly, mental health. Derek and April <3

Jasmine and her eating disorder <3

You are not alone. You are strong. You are beautiful. 

You are capable of great things. 

You just have to examine your potential, and your potential is limitless!

Don't believe me? Take Samuel for example - rags to riches story. A lot of public figures have similar experiences. 

I will be taking a break. 

I worked so hard - woke up at six or seven to get the chapters done, worked to the nights - that I am quite exhausted, but in a satisfying way. 

Don't worry, book 2 is coming. 

I hinted at the title ;)

a lot of times actually

On a side note, I use my socials to spread awareness, and I entered this book for the Wattys wooo

Best regards, 

Adreen Fernando❤️️