Not just another Diwali

HAPPY DIWALI !!!!!!

TO ALL THOSE CELEBRATING AND EVEN TO THOSE WHO AREN'T

I PRAY YOUR YEAR IS HAPPY , HEALTHY,WEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS , ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY AND SAFE DIWALI .

--------------------------

tu bin bataye mujhe le chal kahin

jahan tu muskuraye meri manzil wohi

Manik's P.O.V

Its been days since the awkward fake suicide chaos , Cabir's dad had a long conversation with Navya's parents and the finally agreed to get the two engaged after graduation , in all the fuss happening around us I didn't realise one thing and that was the fact that Nandini had finally started to be normal around me and that meant no more taunts , no more loud fights , no more arguments , which was mostly because these days she'd just be quiet and busy doing her own thing and even if I tried to grab attention she'd just ignore it and walk into her bedroom , honestly I kind of missed arguing with her , our apartment was mostly quiet these days and the only sound that could be heard was either the television or our instruments and it felt suffocating , we at least had our recordings and unfortunately this was the last week for them too and soon we'd have an album launched in our names and that was one thought that kept me cheered up these days .

I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed , my throat still felt like syrup running down from it thanks to all the sweets I had eaten the other day courtesy my mom , its Diwali and it sucks having the place this quiet , I walked out of my room and to my surprise I had a decorated home , lights wrapped around the curtain bar in our living room , sweets on the kitchen counter , the entire house was as clean as a whistle , flower garlands on the door , a beautiful rangoli at the entrance and the entire house smelt like vanilla and cherry blossom credits to nandini's candles .

" Happy Diwali " I heard her voice from behind

" Happy Diwali " I gave a praising smile

" you did all this ? " I asked , of course she did why do I make myself sound so dumb at times

" someone had to " she replied

" thanks , it looks beautiful " I complimented

how can I not notice , my mind was screaming at me and my heart was pounding . She looked magnificent , dressed in a white long anarkali with golden details on it a dupatta pinned to her shoulder minimal make up and her eyes dressed in nothing but kohl , wearing what she showed me on video chat were her moms earrings , beautiful was an understatement for what she looked . I was spell bound , mesmerised , my jaw was touching the floor and if I dont come back to my senses I will start drooling over this woman .

I knock myself back to senses and I see her and then I look at myself , I'm in my vest and mismatched tracks with sleep in my eyes and hair that is a mess

" you look gorgeous " I whispered and she didn't reply and rooted to the kitchen with a nod

" your mom called so call her back and I am leaving ..."

" where are you going ? we have to go to office remember for pooja " I reminded

" only if you would ever let me finish manik " she growled

" I will come straight to office" she blurted , grabbed her bag and left

"why cant I shut up sometimes " I mentally slapped myself and stomped to my room to get ready , since I had so many places to go I was ordered to wear kurta pyjama and honestly Diwali should be declared as national mummy emotional atyachaar day because she makes me do everything in the name of Diwali