42

The Doctor was using the sonic screwdriver on Martha's phone, while she stood nearby, watching. The Doctor began to walk around the center console, still working. "There we go! Universal Roaming. Never have to worry about a signal again," he threw the phone back to Martha, but Martha missed only for me to catch it one-handed. The Doctor began to press buttons on the console.

"No way!" Martha exclaimed "But it's...too mad! You're telling me I can call anyone, anywhere in Space and Time on my mobile?!"

"Long as you know the area code." Martha looked stunned. The Doctor smiled "Frequent Fliers' privilege." Martha smiled back "Go on. Try it."

Martha began to dial. Suddenly the TARDIS jolted, throwing the Doctor, Martha and I to the floor. I looked down and saw I was on top of the Doctor.

"Is this going to be a regular thing for us?" I asked with a smirk.

The Doctor smiled as well only to stand up quickly "Distress signal! Locking on!" with his foot, he activated a switch on the console. "Might be a bit of..." another violent jolt sent us flying again. Then, all was still. The Doctor sat up "...Turbulence. Sorry!" He ran towards the doors, Martha following after him, as I stood up, looking annoyed "Come on Angel! Let's take a look!"

I ran after him. The TARDIS had landed in what looked to be an engine room, which was glowing red from extreme heat.

"Whoa! Now that is hot!" The Doctor exclaimed as he walked out of the TARDIS.

"Whoa! It's like a sauna in here!" I claimed as I walked out of the TARDIS. I smirked as I saw the Doctor looking at me.

The Doctor noticed and changed his gaze to look at pieces of equipment "Venting systems

The Doctor noticed and changed his gaze to look at pieces of equipment "Venting systems." he said as he cleared his throat "Working at full pelt. Trying to cool down..." he stood up straight again "Uh, where-ever it is we are. Well! If you can't stand the heat..." he walked towards a heavy-duty door, opened it and walked through. Above the door was a sign, saying 'Area 30'. "Well, that's better..."

Three people, two men, and a woman came running towards him from the opposite direction. They all looked very hot.

"Oi!" A man shouted "You three!"

"Get out of there!!" The Woman exclaimed

"Seal that door!" A man pointed "Now!"

The Doctor looked stunned and confused, while also keeping a hold of my hand that was reaching for my gun. The two men quickly sealed the door, just after Martha stepped out.

"Who are you?" The woman asked, "What are you doing on my ship?"

"Are you police?" a man asked

"Why would we be police?" The Doctor asked

"We got your distress signal," Martha added

"If this is a ship, why can't I hear any engines?"

"It went dead four minutes ago," The woman replied

"So maybe we should stop chatting and get to engineering. Captain," A man said

"Secure closure active," The Computer reported

"What?!" The Captain exclaimed as a loud clang sounded behind her, and she looked.

"The ship's gone mad," A man claimed.

A woman, was running down the corridor, this time with doors slamming shut just behind her "Who activated secure closure? I nearly got locked into area 27." The closest door slammed shut locking us into area 29. "Who are you?"

The Doctor went to answer, but I cut him off.

"He's the Doctor, she's Martha and I'm Angela. Hello," I became distracted as I saw Martha begin to walk forward.

"Impact projection: 42 minutes," The computer reported

"We'll get out of this. I promise," The Captain said

"Doctor..." Martha said shakily.

"Forty-two minutes 'til what?" The Doctor asked the crew.

"Doctor!! Look,"

The Doctor ran over and looked out the window with her. We saw a burning sun, too close to the ship for comfort. It appeared that the ship was hurtling towards it.

"Forty-two minutes until we crash into the sun," The Captain told us.

The Doctor ran away from the window, over to the captain, and grabbed her arm. He sounded panicky. "How many crew members on board?"

"Seven, including us,"

"We transport cargo across the galaxy. Everything's automated." A man explained, "We just keep the ship..."

The Doctor ran back towards the door where we came from "Call the others, I'll get you out!" He went to open the door. The crew members rushed to stop him.

"What's he doing?!" a man asked

"No!" The Captain told him "Don't!"

But it was too late. The Doctor had opened the door. It had become so hot in area 30, the pure force knocked the Doctor backward and off his feet. He yelled as he fell. Martha and I ran to his aid, but he was alright. One of the crew members shut the door, dressed in breathing apparatus, whilst the others crowded around the Doctor.

"But my ship's in there!" The Doctor exclaimed

"In the vent chamber?" A man asked.

The Crewmember who shut the door took their breathing apparatus off. It was the female crew member. She stood beside the door, and read off of the gauges there.

"It's our lifeboat!"

"It's lava," a man said

"The temperature's going mad in there!" The woman explained "Up 3000 degrees in ten seconds, and still rising,"

"Channeling the air." a man explained "The closer we get to the sun, the hotter that room's gonna get,"

"We're stuck here," Martha claimed

The Doctor looked at me and I shook my head.

"Last time I prayed for that man and he took me away from you, and I'm sure he's waiting on any chance to do it again,"

"So? We fix the engines," The Doctor said "we steer the ship away from the Sun! Simple! Engineering down here is it?!" he began running down a corridor.

"Impact in 40.26," The computer reported.