New Earth Pt. 4

The Doctor looked at Cassandra after opening the lift doors "That was your last warning, Cassandra!"

Cassandra looked at him "She's a naughty girl, this one. You know it too, I've seen inside your head...she's dangerous, and that entertains you,"

The Doctor didn't reply as they walked to Ward 26, Frau Clovis lunging at them with a metal stand. "We're safe! We're safe! We're safe! We're clean! Look, look,"

"Show me your skin,"

"Look, clean. Look, if we'd been touched, we'd be dead. So how's it going up here? What's the status?"

"There's nothing but silence from the other wards. I think we're the only ones left. And I've been trying to override the quarantine. If I can trip a signal over to New New York, they can send a private executive squad,"

"You can't do that. If they forced entry, they'd break quarantine,"

"I am not dying in here,"

"We can't let a single particle of disease get out. There is ten million people in that city. They'd all be at risk. Now, turn that off!"

"Not if it gets me out,"

"All right, fine. So I have to stop you lot as well. Suites me. Rose, novice Hame, everyone! Excuse me, your Grace. Get me intravenous solutions for every single disease. Move it!" Everyone grabbed drip bags while the Doctor collected a long piece of heavy silk rope and started hanging them on his body.

"How's that? Will that do?"

Rose shook her head "I don't know."

Cassandra looked confused "Will it do for what?" The Doctor opened the lift doors "The lifts aren't working,"

"Not moving." he corrected "Different thing. Here we go," he put the sonic screwdriver between his teeth and ran "But you're not going to..." he jumped and grabbed the lift cable "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm going down! Come on!" He attached a round piece of equipment to the cable

"Not in a million years,"

"I need another pair of hands," He explained

Rose looked at Cassandra "What do you think? If you're so desperate to stay alive, why don't you live a little?" she ran and jumped on the cable.

Cassandra looked at the door "Seal the door!" Frau Clovis ordered as diseased people approached.

"No!" she jumped landing on the Doctor's back.

"You're completely mad. I can see why she likes you,"

"Going down!" The improvised wheel he has attached to the cable takes them down the shaft. The Doctor put on the brakes and they came to a gentle stop on top of the lift.

"Well, that's one way to lose weight,"

"Now, listen." The Doctor told her and Rose "When I say so, take hold of that lever,"

"There's still a quarantine down there, we can't..."

"Hold that lever! I'm cooking up a cocktail. I know a bit about medicine myself," The Doctor poured the contents of the drip bags into the lift's disinfectant tank. "Now, that lever's going to resist. But keep it in position. Hold onto it with everything you've got,"

"What about you?" Rose asked

"I've got an appointment. The Doctor is in," he dropped down into the lift and opened the door with his sonic screwdriver. "I'm in here! Come on!"

"Don't tell them," Cassandra complained

"Pull that lever!" Rose looked at Cassandra and they did as they were told. "Come and get me. Come on!"