Shakespeare Code Pt. 2

"I got you a room, Sir Doctor. You, Miss Jones and Dame Angela are just across the landing," Dolly left us

"Poor Lynley. So many strange events. Not least of all, this land of Freedonia where a woman can be a doctor?"

"Where a woman can do what she likes," Martha corrected

"And you, Sir Doctor. How can can a man so young have eyes so old and yet your companion whoms eyes are young yet filled with loss," I looked down at the floor, the Doctor wrapping me in his arms and setting his chin on my head.

"I do a lot of reading," The Doctor replied as he kissed my head.

"A trite reply. Yeah, that's what I'd do." He turned back to Martha "And you, you look at him like you're surprised he exists. He's as much of a puzzle to you as he is to me,"

"I think we should say good night," I curtly left the room towards where Dolly had said we were to sleep. I sat at the windowsill when I heard Martha and the Doctor

"It' not exactly five stars, is it?" Martha voiced as she entered the room

"Oh, it'll do," The Doctor said

"I've seen worse," I added as the Doctor walked over and kissed my head again as I continued looking out.

"I haven't even got a toothbrush," Martha said

"Oh. Er..." he produced two from his pocket "contains Venusian spearmint,"

"So, who's going where? I mean, there's only one bed,"

"I'll take the floor," I muttered

"So, magic and stuff. That's a surprise. It's all a little bit Harry Potter,"

"Wait till you read book seven. Oh, I cried," I took one of the pillows and hit him.

"No spoilers!" I hissed

"But is it real, though? I mean, witches, black magic and all that, it's real?" Martha continued

"Course it is!" I claimed at the same time the Doctor said

"Course it isn't!"

"Out of all of us here, who deals with this stuff on a daily basis?" I quipped

"Are you gonna sit there all night?" The Doctor asked me, I huffed and took a pillow and lied on the floor.

"There's something I'm missing. Something really close, staring me right in the face and I can't see it. Rose would know." my breathing hitched as I heard her name "A friend of ours, Rose. Right now, she'd say exactly the right thing. Still, can't be helped. You're a novice, never mind. I'll take you back home tomorrow,"

"Great!" Martha miffed, seeing as the conversation was over I blew out the candle.

.............................................................................................................................

I woke up, upon hearing a scream and took notice of the Doctor's hand holding my own along with his jacket on top of me. I jumped up and ran towards Shakespeare's room and noticed Dolly's body. "Wha'? What was that?" As the Doctor and Martha examined the body I ran over to the window where I saw the silhouette of a witch on a broom flying in the sky.

"Her heart gave out. She died of fright,"

"Doctor?" I voiced

The Doctor ran over to the window "What did you see?"

"A witch,"

.............................................................................................................................