Chapter 12: Deal Heat

"James! Join Jae-Hwa and I at Timmi this Sunday! That's your territory right?!" I outwardly cringed as soon as the words came out. Honestly, I meant to reverse this with a request then stating it was his territory, but my face and tone betrayed me. I sounded ruder than the diva in the music department we both just finished "dealing" with. More so Park staring her into compliance, but same thing.

His eyes on me now, looked even less flattering.

It didn't help that we were walking down a narrow hallway to get back to the elevator for our level on the building. The too close walls had echoed my voice, making my pitch come off unusually high. My own ears hurt from the sound. I wish I could take it back and redo the whole thing but now I had to roll with my extra rudeness. Own it.

So I did. I pushed out my chest proudly like some over confident fool and ignored the obvious dead pan stare aimed right at me. We were walking like that for a while. Until it happened.

Park jumped in front of me, stopping me with his hand raised. Raised right onto my chest.

Boldness left me as fast as it came. My breath hitched as I crashed into him. Still moving and still too shocked to process this hot mess as it was happening. His own eyes grew wide as he fell back, me on top of him. His hand grabbing the closest thing to him, which was me, and still my chest.

My face turned a new shade of red as his head hit the back of the floor and his hand finally moved away. A second later rubbing the spot behind that was probably in a crap ton of pain. This hallway wasn't carpeted in the least. To my surprise he stayed silent for the whole ordeal. Closing his eyes for just a second before moving his hand again toward me, but this time pushing gently on my stomach.

I could feel his pants underneath me. My hands were pressed firmly against his chest. Making it all to obvious just how toned he was, even under his pressed white dress shirt. His tie had twisted and turned up toward his face in a very attractive manner.

I just stared at him. My mouth slightly ajar.

He spoke, "Can you get up on your own?" He pushed on my stomach light again with his palm now. I finally realized what he was trying to do.

I jumped up and off of him. Shaking my head yes as I did so. My face redder than the seconds before this. For the first time in a while, words weren't making their way from my mouth. They were trapped somewhere else. My heart was beating loudly. Not to give away any of my feelings, I used all my will to keep my hand from protectively moving toward covering my cleavage. He got up and started to straighten his suit. From the fall it had tucked out a little, in a rather promiscuous looking way. 

I kept my gaze away, considering just walking on as if nothing happened, but I didn't know why I felt such a desire. He was the more awkward one. Not me. I think. Plus it was his fault! Who tries to cop a feel in the middle of a hallway! With no warning! Yet why was I so focused on him in those moments. My whole mind practically ignoring everything else. I sucked in some air and prepared to comment, but before my I could, Park starting speaking again.

"We need to take a different route, this hall is covered in water just ahead." He pointed behind him, I looked too and realized indeed he was right. It wasn't just covered. The hall was soaked through. Had we walked any further, we would have fallen into it.

Immediately I went into work mode.

"Park we need to get this fixed otherwise it'll flood the whole floor. There's some expensive equipment here, and the water will head that way. Extension 108 right?" I turned back to him, but he was now on his phone. It looks like he already was calling the extension to figure out what was going on and to stop the water. He put the phone back in his pocket, finishing the call, then nodded toward me.

He responded, "They'll be here soon, let's take the stairs." We turned back and headed for the stairs. Quick walking, but not running. As we turned a corner, some employees ran past us including a plumber. So Park thinks a leak sprung? Didn't we just get new piping put over there?

I looked over and gave him a questioning look. He flashed me a short smile. I shifted more to the right as we kept walking. My face was still red. We got to the stairs, but as I tried to open the door he pushed it back shut.

"You got me in a mood An..." His other hand was raised and he kept opening and closing it in a groping motion. My teeth grit down. I couldn't control it, I finally just put my arms over my chest and shot him a glare.

"What the fuck Mr. Park?"  I spat out the words. More embarrassed than anything. I knew now that it was obviously an accident. Why's he trying to make it all awkward though?

"A mood for Timmi." Oh. He was messing with me. My arms dropped down. I let out a loud sigh in annoyance. 'Tsking at his general existence.

A smug grin plastered on his face. Just a few teeth showing, daring to crack a smile. My face warmed up again like hot toast. It felt like it was on fire. I planned on cussing some more, but like usual with him, my actions contradicted my brain.

All that came out was a meek 'I see'.

I guess that was better than what I planned. Couldn't have him changing his mind after all.

Park opened the door finally, and we headed back to our floor.