Chapter 4: Dying for a Good Time.

I had been walking for a good ten minutes. James sombered on at my back, his tall frame  blocking any view of what could be behind. For all I know, our slow asses might be blocking some old lady. I finally built up the courage to stop. In that same moment I spinned around  and faced his chest, my eyes staring him down best I can. He didn't stop until he was rather close to me. Park kept his hands in his pockets and casually nodded his head in my direction. 

I spat out the words, "You know I get we had a nice little talk and all, but it doesn't mean you can walk me home." His grey irises now looked back at mine just as intense. The color blending in well with the evening hues. His cheeks had a warmer appearance too, deepened in pigment, as if he may had been running before he left for this little following game. We were together the whole time before at the office, so I knew he didn't do any activity to cause the change. 

His words came off with a more velvety tone than usual as he spoke.

 "We just happen to be walking in the same direction Ms. Vo."

My eyes fell back to his chest. A sigh escaped my lips as I turned back around toward my home. We continued walking, but now he was right next to me. Definitely blocking any people behind us. After a while, I decided it would be best to walk behind him to ensure others could pass us on the small sidewalk. Park kept going, though our paces picked up, and he would snap his fingers at me every three minutes or so. I thought it was weird, but chose to ignore pointing it out. 

Around the third snap, I heard another sound. Like heavy pounding. It was coming from my right. Running. Multiple people. Straight at us. 

I moved one hand out to push Park back to safety but he grabbed my hand and held it instead. His other hand grabbed my waist and I was lifted about ten centimeters to my front as a knife shot past me. It was then, behind Park, I saw a group of about four average sized guys behind us. Dressed in jeans and plain shirts, obviously looking for a fight. 

I whispered a quick thank you to Park and he let me go. The guy that threw the knife kept showing part of his jaw in some type of awkward snarl. He was probably the head of this group. I couldn't take him down, he was a little to buff. The other three though. Easy as cake. 

Park had already taken off his jacket and left it neatly folded on the ground. His tie laid there with it. While his button up was loosened at the top. I could see a little bit of his chest and for a moment I forgot that there were some dudes aiming to either kick our asses or kill us. 

"Hey! Bitch were gonna kill you!" Me?! What did I do? But hey, at least I know what they're planning. I pulled off my blazer too and threw it on top of his. 

Park scoffed, "I got this." I walked over to the knife. Picked it up and slit the side of my skirt a bit higher for some mobility. Then I kicked off my shoes. I looked up at the guys. They were standing there, heads slightly cocked. I guess they've never seen a girl get ready. I laughed. My gaze flipped to Park. 

"They're coming after me boss, not you. Help if you want." He smiled and shook his head in agreement. I ran toward the smaller guy with red shoes on and drop kicked him faster than he could react. Park was already throwing blows at the leader and the one with blue shoes on. 

Red shoes went to grab my ankle and I knee'd him. I scanned for the fourth guy who had darker maroon shoes on. He turned out to be just to my side and had managed to punch me in the gut. I relaxed just in time to move back just enough to not get too hurt by the punch. Then I hit him with an uppercut to the jaw. The guy squealed like a pig. 

Let the fun begin.