Ramdom Snail Lamp

"Ooh look at this one!" Exclaimed Percy, painting to his left.

"No, Percy, that is the ugliest lamp I've ever seen." Stated Annabeth pushing him the other direction.

"It is not ugly!" Protested Percy. "It just has character."

"Right. That's just a nicer way of saying ugly."

Percy pouted.

"Besides, we're here to look for a new couch, not lamps." They had just adopted a new kitten and turns out the little thing has an affinity for scratching furniture until there is no surface area left for it to scratch.

Percy and Annabeth shopped around looking in every corner of the store trying to find the right couch.  

Percy would exclaim "This is the one!" At practically every price of furniture in the store. Annabeth just learned to ignore him because they were all ugly.

Percy pointed at a large lamp and declared he had found his one true love. Annabeth shot him one of those "What am I, chopped liver?" looks.

"After you of course" Percy added hastily. "A lamp could never replace you." To Annabeth, it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself.

Annabeth laughed and walked over to see what lamp could possibly have grasped his attention this much. Expecting something ugly, she prepared herself for the worst.

Annabeth gasped. She had prepared herself for something ugly, but she was wrong.

It was the most hideous thing she'd ever seen. The thing was large, bulky, and shaped like a snail. It's shell glowed a fluorescent orange, while its body looked like a blob.

 It's shell glowed a fluorescent orange, while its body looked like a blob

"Percy no!" Exclaimed Annabeth "It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen!"

Percy was taken a back by her comment. "What! No, it's beautiful. It's a statement piece." He argued, as if it would help his case.

"We don't have time to discuss this, the store closes soon and we have to find a new sofa"

Percy, refusing to leave the lamp's side, let Annabeth finish up the shopping.

After finally finding a couch she asked for Percy's opinion.
"Oh it's fine, as long as we buy the snail."

"No! I will find a different couch then." Declared Annabeth refusing to give in.

"Look just buy the snail and choose any couch you want."

Annabeth's stress levels grew higher. She glanced at the clock, 15 minuted until the store closed. She had officially run out of options.

"Fine." She groaned, already regretting her decision. Annabeth rolled her eyes and bought the couch and the snail lamp.

Percy smiled and kissed Annabeth on the check.
"I love you, and I know you'll grow to love the snail too"

"Uhh I don't think I will." Corrected Annabeth,

"Mmm yea I'm pretty sure."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"You know what Perce, think whatever you want. If you want to live in some fantasy world where snail lamps are normal and I could ever possibly learn to love the ugly thing, be my guest."

All Percy did was smile, and he was right. Over time Annabeth became accustomed to the lamp and they were on decentish terms. Although she will never fully be okay with a snail lamp in her home, she loves Percy more than anything in the world, and that's what matters.